• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

UGA vs. Boise St. in 2011 Kickoff Classic

coachx

http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2010/11/19/georgia-boise-state-announcement-coming/?cxntfid=blogs_uga_sports_blog

Sweet !

Huge for UGA to jump start next season on a national stage. I'm sure Boise St. is thrilled to play indoors and not be outside in late August Ga. heat. UGA needs this to get the football program back on track.

Kellen Moore will be a senior assuring that Boise St will be in the top 5 again.

Edited by coachx

Not surprising that Chick-fil-a went outside of the ACC. It has definitely been a down year football wise, but I am not so sure its just a string of bad luck. VT, Clemson, and UNC all lost coin flip games to top 5 teams. But then again, there have been a lot of blowouts and a piss-poor out of conference record. I understand why Boise is replacing an ACC team and can't argue too much with the replacement, but I can't imagine the ACC will be as awful next season.

Not surprising that Chick-fil-a went outside of the ACC. It has definitely been a down year football wise, but I am not so sure its just a string of bad luck. VT, Clemson, and UNC all lost coin flip games to top 5 teams. But then again, there have been a lot of blowouts and a piss-poor out of conference record. I understand why Boise is replacing an ACC team and can't argue too much with the replacement, but I can't imagine the ACC will be as awful next season.

I'd love to see Clemson and UGA play in the kicoff classic soon. Check out UGA's schedule in 2013. Maybe Clemson could get bumped up to Game 1. 2014 is definately a possibility too.

http://www.sicemdawgs.com/football/sched/fbsch_13.php

http://www.sicemdawgs.com/football/sched/fbsch_14.php

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

It is sad to see the Clemson/UGA rivalry not being regularly played anymore.

I'm going to put Boise as the favorite right now - with good odds of riding an enormous undefeated streak into the game if they don't make the BCS championship.

It is sad to see the Clemson/UGA rivalry not being regularly played anymore.

I agree, and what makes it especially pathetic to me is that it was Clemson who said we should stop the rivalry. Thankfully Terry Don decided to renew the rivalry, it appears that UGA has always been fine with playing Clemson.

As for Clemson in the Chick-fil-a Kickoff again, well they are already signed up against Auburn in 2012. But again in 2013? I doubt Clemson would give up their home game to UGA and vice versa, but out of all the ACC teams Clemson fans definitely travel the best especially to Atlanta (yes GT fans, I am insulting you). So I don't think Chick-fil-a would be opposed to having Clemson come multiple times, they certainly weren't with Alabama.

Big gamble for UGA. Murray looks like the real deal and the running game seems to be getting on track. The defense, in theory, should be better with a full year under Grantham and getting in recruits to play the 3-4 defense, still this looks like a loss for the Dawgs. Man, only a few years ago I would have been all for this, but the downward spiral of the UGA program really has me wondering at the wisdom of this move.

FWIIW, Boise is graduating something like 22 seniors this year. They'll probably still be a very good team though and will likely be riding a lot of positive momentum in any case.

Thing is jhay - will the QB go pro or stay for his senior year? I dunno. He's listed at 6 foot zero and 191 lbs. He could get the Heisman and not get drafted high (although he has a rocket arm). If he stays UGA loses...simple as that....I would predict 30-13.

Thing is - everybody thinks of Boise and they think the players are from Idaho...they aren't...they are from California, Texas, Washington...heck two of them on the roster are from Georgia. I believe they have 22 players from California and 10 of them are starters on either Offense or Defense.

The other problem is their coach. Pederson is sharp as a tack.

Personally I pull for both teams (I have family in Boise and my Daughter graduated from UGA). I wish UGA would have avoided this game. BSU is 24 and 0 in their last 24 games and 12 - 2 before that. UGA would be better off getting their feet on the ground against Tenn-Chattanooga IMHO. :kickcan: