• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ok here's the deal.

Diesel

• Premium Member

If we concede that we are not good because of coaching and players out of position, then what exactly are we going to do about it?

Smoove and Horf are both PFs and the whole world knows... What are we going to do?

LD might not be the coach that can get us over the hump... What are we going to do?

Here's one or two thoughts.

Smoove/Teague to DC for JaVale/Kirk/and Thornton.

Let's call it giving John Wall a weapon.

Here's another:

Fire LD and Hire Mike Fratello.

I was listening to the NJ broadcast. Mike Fratello probably would welcome being a coach with a playoff talent team.

Couldn't you come up with another bad Marvin trade. No. We need talent, not more terrible bums. Bad idea Diesel.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Couldn't you come up with another bad Marvin trade. No. We need talent, not more terrible bums. Bad idea Diesel.

Disagree.

We get a pure PG, a real C, and a capable Sf.

The move gives us Depth and Cap space.

To sit here and say that Teague and Smoove are off limits is to be a fan of the players and not the team.

At this point I don't care who we trade, as long as it makes this team a whole lot better and more competitive...I want the Hawks to do well so badly and I'm at my limit with this bunch.

• Premium Member

Trade Smoove... Trade JJ... Trade Teague... Trade Horford... Trade Diesel...

lol

Make it happen Capn' this team needs some BUZZ and it needs a new player - a real player. Team needs a shakeup.

Actually I was traded. I was traded to the SacBee for Ailene Voisin and cash considerations. Unfortunately, the AJC rejected the deal after receiving Voisin because they said that her writing was too good for this town. So now, I'm in negotiations to be traded to Cleveland for some old Terry Pluto articles and the 10 feet tall Lebron James mural that the city took down.

• Premium Member

Horford and Smith are the only 2 players we should keep.

It's everyone else that needs to be dumped.

Horford and Smith is the cause of some of our problems because both are seemingly too good to go to the bench but at the same time, neither is good enough to stop a real C. I had a feeling that Lopez would dominate us tonight. Check my post from yesterday. The reason being is that he's big and has good fundamentals. That's a rough outing for Horf. Now we can lie to ourselves and keep saying that Horf is a Center, Horf is a Center but the truth is that the pundits are right. He's a prototypical PF. We can keep lying to ourselves by saying Smoove is a PF, Smoove is a PF but the truth is that he's a tweener and in his mind, he's a SG. So we suffer from not enough toughness because we have guys who are out of position.. and that's what you want to keep? If Smoove could get us nash and lopez from Phoenix, I'm all over it. We need some clarity and some identity. Right now, our identity is 2nd round exit.

And folks said that I was off my rocker when I stated that they would be no better than a 5th seed. This team isn't good enough to beat winning squads; hell, it's a stretch to say that they can compete with them (the only playoff team that didn't get up by double-digits on them is Orlando). And now they're losing to teams who lost 60+ the season before? And the rough part of the season still awaits? It's not time to pull the panic button yet but as Michael Ray Richardson would say, 'the ship be sinking'.

Something has to be done. The last in-season move this team has made was the Bibby deal which got them in the playoffs three years ago. And like then, this has to involve a REAL player coming back here, not some D-league call up from Macon.