• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Honestly what is the point of making the playoffs with this team?

GameTime

We are likely to get a 6-8 and get swept and get a bad pick. We are not a championship team and barely a playoff team. Why don't we trade these lazy bum players and get in line for 2012? I rather get Harrison Barnes/Kyrie Irving for next year and have players that are working their butt off then this crap.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

What's the point of talking about this team? Your're reading my mind. I'm at the point where I take a bow and regroup when the Hawks have an legitimate NBA lineup. To me a legitimate NBA lineup must has a true #1 and #5 and this team has neither.

Well I hate to call myself Nostradamus or John the Revelator but I told you so. I said that this team would be no better than a 5th seed if they didn't add more veteran pieces in the offseason (and nope, Etan Thomas and Josh Powell don't count). There's no one on this roster who'll get in the face of someone like Marvin and tell him to quit loafing around the baseline and get in paint and score the basketball. There's no one around who'll get in Josh's face after he jacks up another 21-footer (again) or kick the ball out of bounds while attempting to lead the fast break (again). And worst of all, there's no one around who can put the ball in the basket when JJ and JC1 goes ice cold.

While I believe in getting more bang for your buck, you better be dang sure you're getting good quality. When you compare the payrolls of the top four teams in the conference (Celtics, Magic, Heat, Bulls) to ours, it's like comparing a loaded Mercedes fresh off the assembly line to a used Oldsmobile. When you try to cut corners in order to save a buck, it will eventually catch up to you; especially in this league. You can call this team 'doing more with less' gone wrong. Horribly wrong....

We are likely to get a 6-8 and get swept and get a bad pick. We are not a championship team and barely a playoff team. Why don't we trade these lazy bum players and get in line for 2012? I rather get Harrison Barnes/Kyrie Irving for next year and have players that are working their butt off then this crap.

I sense the dissappointment in your post BUT...

Harrison Barnes could be another Marvin Williams... do you really want to tank a season for the unsure? i haven't seen any LeBron, Kobe, DWade... not even Stackhouse (while at UNC) type aggressiveness out of him.

Edited by PlayaPat420