• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

In a quest to analyze a rumor?

Diesel

I would love for us to get Nash.................

We'll see what the Hawks do. I have a feeling that this one could be coming together soon.

Maybe the Suns likes Marvin. Sometimes a change of address is all a guy needs. Look at Diaw when he was with the Hawks and when he went to the Suns. (Then again, maybe that's what happens when you havea good pg. Other guys start looking better.)

Anyway, who wants two guys as old as Nash and Hill.

A playoff team who wants to be a real contender, just like us.

Do you want us to be out in the 1rst round for for years to come with JJ's max money?

• Premium Member

A playoff team who wants to be a real contender, just like us.

Do you want us to be out in the 1rst round for for years to come with JJ's max money?

I agree 100%, we are not going to get there with the current roster. Hill and Nash bring a lot basketball IQ (as someone on the board noted). I would hate to lose Marvin but we need to do something.

• Premium Member

You know that's horrible. However, the expiring is very valuable. immediately, i would say Dallas. They could get Butler plus some picks and maybe some of their youth Roddy.. but Dallas' youth is not that good. Even Roddy is injury prone. Still Nash + Dirk could be a driving force to get the deal done.. but does it make sense for Phoenix?

Most other teams have a starting PG... Let's see:

Boston ( Check)

Orlando (Check)

Miami.... Hmm? What could Miami give? Obviously no cap room. At most Mike Miller and a bunch of ending deals. But do you really want Miller when you got Pietrus and Carter?

Chicago (check)

NY (check)

Utah (Check)

OKC (Check)

San Anton (Check)

N.O (Check)

Denver (Check)

There are others, but the only teams that come to mind is us and LAL... and LAl... what can they offer? Steve Blake? Not as much in capspace.

So to answer your question, I think we have a very strong deal (as far as contenders is concerned).

Did we get lucky here?

I recall a discussion saying we need to improve a month or so back (and the ususal...someone calling me crazy/dumb/smoking crack etc.) The whole point was that you never know what kind of break you could catch or what a good trade would do. All those cats going to Miami, Gasol to the Lakers, Jefferson to the Jazz. I can't help but wonder if we may have just caught a lucky break. Reading what Diesel posted earlier, I just went digging around the Suns' board on RealGM.

They can't find a sensible trade scenario besides us and NY - and NY probably just because of who's there. But NY has a PG and for the love of all that is cheese could we use Steve Nash. We are the only sensible trade partner, we've got the assets...did we just stumble into this?

I feel bad for Phoenix because the timing of this is awful for them. It's obvious they need to rebuild, unless they could make a miracle trade or something. Nash is too old to build around and doesn't have the time to wait (although he's such a player that he honestly wants to stay).

Might just be a rumor and speculation...but if there is any Nash trade talk, man there is just no way we're not at the forefront of it. I'd be surprised if there wasn't at the very least a credible source coming forward to confirm talks. That is IF Phoenix is actually looking to move him and honestly, from reading their board and looking at their situation, I dont see how that could not be the case.

BTW...they're also talking about Dallas/Phoenix over there, but Dallas already has Kidd and they're doing great.