• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LD appears to be following the Woodson path

NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

the $#!T works!

As long as LD isn't going to use the "auto-switch" defense and will introduce more variety into the offense, then we are moving in the right direction for the playoffs where predictability is a liability.

• Premium Member

I am talking about the 2008-09 Lakers that won the NBA championship.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2009.html

Farmar played the minutes and put up the inferior numbers I described.

The foundation of Farmar playing was started in his rookie year when he played behind Smush Parker. IF you played Behind Smush Parker for 72 games, you would be a starter too.

In fact, Farmar played off the bench for 70 games, the last 2 games of the season he started and then Jackson made him the starter for their playoffs. The only reason is because Smush Sucks.

Now if we had brought Teague in and the guy playing in front of him was Acie Law, I'm sure that after 70 games, Teague would have been named starter.

• Moderators

The foundation of Farmar playing was started in his rookie year when he played behind Smush Parker. IF you played Behind Smush Parker for 72 games, you would be a starter too.

In fact, Farmar played off the bench for 70 games, the last 2 games of the season he started and then Jackson made him the starter for their playoffs. The only reason is because Smush Sucks.

Now if we had brought Teague in and the guy playing in front of him was Acie Law, I'm sure that after 70 games, Teague would have been named starter.

2008-09 Championship Season Games - 82.

Games started by Derek Fisher - 82.

Playoffs - Games played by Fisher 22; games started by Fisher 22.

I think we all can agree that the Hawks have not played a juggernaut schedule. So I wonder why LD has decided to ride a player (Jamal) that looks to have no future with the team over playing the younger Crawford and Teague. Has Teague or Crawford done anything to suggest they deserve more burn? No, but I would also argue the LD hasn’t given them (esp. JC2) much of an opportunity.

Here’s the gamble on LD’s part. Say Jamal is not traded at the deadline but signs elsewhere as a FA in the summer. Next season LD would be left with 2 unproven guards and a Mike Bibby that’s a year older and slower. Right now that looks to be a serious drop in talent. LD witnessed where winning a ton of meaningless regular season games untimely got Woody so I question why he’s chosen the same path. Is this a hint that Sund has something big planned by the trade deadline or in the summer? I sure hope so.

i rarely do + or - but i hate it when someone negs you like JTB but doesn't respond in the thread to tell you why they disagree with your post so i gave you a bump.

I think LD is coaching to save his own skin