• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chris Kaman/DeAndre Jordan

reeballin4

There aren't many quality centers in the league and the clippers have two by some standards. Both Chris Kaman and DeAndre Jordan are quality starters; Kaman is injured right now but when he comes back he's a 19-10 ppg type of player. Jordan brings more of a defensive mold which could be dangerous next to Horford; he's young and athletic and fits the identity of this team. Smoove is showing the ability to play the 3 with his streaky outside shooting but if he could focus and work more on his shot it could pay off. His handles need to be improved but that's all work and repitition, as well as shooting. There are reports that the Clippers are looking for a SF, and I'm a fan of Marvin and I believe he is alot better than be give him credit to be but we are need of a center. If we could package players to get a center and maybe another bench player we could be a better team overall. Also, Teague needs to be getting more play time and starting opprutunities so he can build trust with his teammates. A lineup of Bibby/Crawford, JJ, Smoove, Al, and Jordan is better than what we have now. I believe we need another superstar (pg) in order to compete for a championship but this team could compete!

• Premium Member

Both Chris Kaman and DeAndre Jordan are quality starters

It kinda makes me nostalgic for the 80's and 90's when I see that the number of solid centers in the NBA today is so low that people call DeAndre Jordan a "quality starter" with a straight face. On the bright side, it is precisely because the age of the 7-foot center is over that I feel comfortable with Al at the 5. It's also why he made the All-Star team last year as a center and will do so again this year.

I don't have a problem with making a move for a 5 if it improves the team as a whole. But I really don't see center as anything close to our biggest issue.

Edited by niremetal

• Premium Member

It kinda makes me nostalgic for the 80's and 90's when I see that the number of solid centers in the NBA today is so low that people call DeAndre Jordan a "quality starter" with a straight face. On the bright side, it is precisely because the age of the 7-foot center is over that I feel comfortable with Al at the 5. It's also why he made the All-Star team last year as a center and will do so again this year.

I don't have a problem with making a move for a 5 if it improves the team as a whole. But I really don't see center as anything close to our biggest issue.

Deandre Jordan has good upside. But he isn't there just yet. I've already stated many times how I feel about Kaman.

• Moderators

It is worth noting that DeAndre Jordan's WS/48 is higher this season than any season in Kaman's career, that Kaman has only had a PER better than Jordan's this season in 2 of his 8 years in the league, and that the Clippers have been MUCH better starting Jordan than starting Kaman. I'd take Jordan between the two even if healthy and would definitely take him when you factor in age and health.

jordan is turning into a beast ive been following him all season on fantasy. lots of blocks rebounds and thats what we need there. hes got some quickness to.

And he's quickly making me look more and more of an a-hole for dissing him on draft night when I said I wasn't interested in a guy that shot 2% or whatever his pitiful foul shooting percentage was. In my defense though I think we were just coming off of an awful season FT shooting wise. But I am definitely now in the camp that wishes we had him.