• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Mavs

exodus

We lost it in the fourth again.

Bad coaching from Larry Drew tonight. His lineup at the beginning of the fourth was just ridiculous.

We're nearly a very good team...but we lack that little something to compete against the best. Joe is a beast right now, the guys have been playing well but that's still not enough. We lack depth and confidence in the final quarters.

That sucks...

I think we expended a lot of energy last night against the Knicks and had to travel to Dallas while the Mavs were off last night and they were 17-8 at home before this game...so....I mean I'm not using it as an excuse but it's something.

What is it about the 4th qtr that makes Josh's brain leave his head? On the other hand Joe played like a superstar tonite.

He spends the first 3 quarters listening to you bash him I guess.

Seriously. Let's start with a little Mo Evans bashing before we even touch the real players on the team. Why did we even sign Damien Wilkens if we are going to give Mo Evans this kind of undeserved burn?

Josh played 23 minutes scored 17 points on 50% shooting and grabbed 7 rebounds but fouled out and was not happy about it. Other than the attempted tap out where he smacked Nowitski in the head, I didn't see anything happen by him that was worse than what happens to him on every non foul called drive to the basket.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Josh played 23 minutes scored 17 points on 50% shooting and grabbed 7 rebounds but fouled out and was not happy about it. Other than the attempted tap out where he smacked Nowitski in the head, I didn't see anything happen by him that was worse than what happens to him on every non foul called drive to the basket.

Josh needs to meet with Reggie Miller this offseason and not learn how to shoot jumpers but learn how to work the refs.

Liked the way Teague played. LD will reward him with 3 straight DNP-CD's like always.

Teague played well when he was in the game early with Bibby in foul trouble. When he got a chance to play with Joe, Jamal, and Horford.

Teague played badly when he was in the game late. When he got the chance to play with Evans, Pachulia, and Powell.

Too bad for Teague what most people will remember about this game was the ending.

I wonder how Teague's development is affected by the Hawks bench and Drew's substitution patterns. If he's on the court with the rest of the bench his game is going to be drastically different than if he is playing with 3 or 4 starters. I'd really like to see Teague starting. I feel like the 4 other starters can compensate for whatever he is lacking. Bibby coming off the bench would make me feel better about them too. Someone that can take a shot other than Jamal.

Zaza does indeed sucks big time. Anytime he get the ball in the post... it's probably going to go up and it's probably going to get blocked off his body and out of bounds. I feel like he's only playing probably because he's getting paid big bucks. Hopefully a trade is in the books to ship him off along with a real asset like Crawford.

Last year, under Mike Woodson, we deteriorated in fourt quarters. Up until this point in the season, that hadn't happened under LD. But now, it's back to how it was under Woody. What's up?

It's personnel more than coaching. The Dallas game could be trigger to Drew's sub patterns but in the 4th, teams really clue in on Joe and try to force Smith and Horford to create their shot since Bibby not a threat unless it's for 3. That's the big difference I see. Horford and Smith can't create their shot. Josh is an uptempo undersized PF and Horford is a PnR PF, neither can create themselves. The faster the tempo, the better Smoove and if you have a elite PnR PG, expect Horford to become elite. That's the difference I see. Those two are really really talented but the personnel sucks in Atlanta for everyone's strengths.