• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do other teams do this?

JackB1

I was just wondering....do other top teams have letdown nights like this where they get blown out by mediocre teams?

On rare occasion, but the difference is that there's accountability, urgency to right the ship, and most importantly - follow-through. What we have are empty post-game quotes.

I was just wondering....do other top teams have letdown nights like this where they get blown out by mediocre teams?

I wouldn't call Philly a mediocre team as they've been playing really good basketball for a while now after their slow start, plus they're like our kryptonite with their team speed and quality bench ... but I don't think I've ever seen a "top team" like us get blown out so many times at home in one season.

On rare occasion, but the difference is that there's accountability, urgency to right the ship, and most importantly - follow-through. What we have are empty post-game quotes.

Assuming that Sund has his hands tied to the point where we can't add more to the payroll, what accountability would you like to see? I'd be all for seeing a starter or two traded or benched but I'm not at all in favor of promoting someone from our bench since that unit is pretty damn sad looking when you compare it to most other elite teams or even to a team like Philly where they're loaded off the bench.

• Like 2

Assuming that Sund has his hands tied to the point where we can't add more to the payroll, what accountability would you like to see? I'd be all for seeing a starter or two traded or benched but I'm not at all in favor of promoting someone from our bench since that unit is pretty damn sad looking when you compare it to most other elite teams or even to a team like Philly where they're loaded off the bench.

Accountability for the players themselves. Looking inside and committing to bringing it every night. Alas, this group has proven they're incapable of that.

Well I have to think by now it is pretty clear that the problem is our PG situation. I think we are usually able to hide it a little better when Al is playing. I think we all need to change our expectations when we play a team with a quick backcourt because the results aren't going to be great unless they fail to exploit the matchup(terrible coach) or we can hide it with an active front court (see switching). When Al is out the switch becomes laughable.

The end result of having a huge weakness is having a bunch of close games and close games means the starters play more minutes. I can think of one game where we had a blow out and that was the Jazz and we were shooting lights out.

• Premium Member

Yep. Happens all the time. Especially when an allstar is out. Check out Dallas without Dirk.

Good teams get blown out 5 times a year? Yall are delusional, this is anything far from typical. Maybe if you isolate one of these blowouts one could say "sure happens to us all" but this is becoming a regular occurrence.

If it makes you feel any better it took us until our 52nd game to get our 5th blowout this year, whereas we had 4 straight blowout losses against the Magic in the playoffs last year :kickcan:

Good teams get blown out 5 times a year? Yall are delusional, this is anything far from typical. Maybe if you isolate one of these blowouts one could say "sure happens to us all" but this is becoming a regular occurrence.

THIS.

But alas, nothing will change. The Hawks are who they are. Built for the regular season, too flawed to do anything in the playoffs.