• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Melo to NJ goes down as rumored

sasuke

Do you guys think Sund has the balls to spend the full MLE on Billups & give up picks to dump salary to stay away of the tax?

After all, Billups said that if he ends up in NJ he'll work on a buyout.

Billups in Miami or LA would be lethal.

I can't see him picking us........even if we offer the full MLE and they offer the LLE.

Do you guys think Sund has the balls to spend the full MLE on Billups & give up picks to dump salary to stay away of the tax?

I think he does. There is a big difference in productivity between Billups and the center, Shaq, I wanted us to go after with our MLE.

Do you guys think Sund ASG has the balls money to spend the full MLE on Billups & give up picks to dump salary to stay away of the tax?

Correction.....its not Sunds' balls/money.......its the ASG's money.

I do not think we can pawn off ZaZa or Marvin for expiring contracts either.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

If Billups gets bought out we have no shot at him. None. He doesn't care about the money he makes on half a season at this point in his career and he would never accept a long-term deal at the MLE knowing he'll be worth more than that in the offseason, so offering him the full prorated MLE would be meaningless (although I bet we'll offer it anyway). He wants to win a ring, and he has a better shot at doing that by signing with Mia and LAL for the minimum. And those teams WILL offer him a contract. He's not going to turn it down so that he earn an extra $3M over the next 3 months.

Edited by niremetal