• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is more likely to win a championship in the next 5 years?

CBAreject

Hawks or Clippers?

Hawks or Wizards?

Hawks or Nets?

Hawks or Kings?

My vote is that each of these currently lousy teams is more likely to win a title than our Hawks in the next 5 years (though a title is pretty unlikely for each team listed).

Edited by CBAreject
  • Like 1

Wizards and Clippers have a chance. The Wizards may very well secure the top pick in this draft, and they can't go wrong with Perry Jones or Jared Sullinger. Javale McGee is going to be a great defensive player in the next couple of years. You pair Jared Sullinger with him, and they'll have a damn good front court with a PG to get them the ball. Nick Young is already a pretty good scorer. Perry Jones can work for them too, but it's hard to predict his position in the NBA. He's a supremely talented offensive player, but I haven't seen how much range he has on his jumper. However, he'll be a problem with the pick-and-roll with John Wall. He's entirely too fast for bigs and he does have a good mid-range jumper.

The Clippers situation is a little bit more complicated. They are set at C and PF with DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin. DeAndre is only going to get better, but you're not going to need much from him, but rebounding and shotblocking which he is doing good at with the minutes he's getting. They have a great scorer in Eric Gordon. The problem I think with the Clippers are is that they need a new PG. Baron Davis was good, but he's on a severe decline. They would have to pull of a damn good move to get that PG, because I don't think the player they need will be available in the draft. If they could package Chris Kaman and some other players for the rights to Ricky Rubio, they would look like geniuses. That would allow them to get a wing like Jordan Hamilton in the draft. They would still need depth, but they would have a young starting five that could grow together (a la the Hawks).

The Nets won't win a championship unless they get a big that's going to do dirty work. I have a friend who is a Nets fan, and he tells me how soft Brook Lopez is. I think Derrick Favors could be that player for them, but not if they trade him. They'll have a serious problem with defense, in my opinion. If they don't get Carmelo and keep Favors, they'll need a great wing who can score in bunches. Terrence Jones from Kentucky (nbadraft.net has them taking him) would be a good pickup. According to his scouting report, he's a big wing with a great first step and range on his shot. They could luck up and get their hands on Perry Jones or Jared Sullinger though.

The Kings need a lot to put them in a position to win a 'ship. Getting Kyrie Irving would help alot. They would need Evans to improve his shot. They would need DeMarcus Cousins to become a whole lot more efficient on the offensive end. They need one of their young talents (not named Evans or Cousins) to step up their game tremendously. They'll still need a year after this coming draft to really round out their team, if they can get their hands on Sullinger or Irving. They got to be careful not to go the way of Philadelphia. If they draft a lot of great athletic players, they won't have good players who can shoot.

Well we know the Hawks won't. Ownership is fine with the status quo. This is Atlanta after all. We don't win championships here. Just making the playoffs or winning a division title is about the best you can get from Atlanta teams.

Sad but true. I wish Mr. Blank would buy the other 3 teams too. He actually cares about winning.

Hawks or Clippers?

Hawks or Wizards?

Hawks or Nets?

Hawks or Kings?

My vote is that each of these currently lousy teams is more likely to win a title than our Hawks in the next 5 years (though a title is pretty unlikely for each team listed).

Probably none of the above. If management can't see we need to do something at this point, rather than drag on the waiting til next season, they just don't get it.