• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is It Just Me Or Was "The Car" Dunk Not Very Impressive

AHF

• Moderators

The drama and showmanship for the dunk was great. Good theater - especially for a guy everyone knew the NBA desperately wanted to win to continue to catapult his star. But for the actual dunk, I imagine that 80% of the guys in the dunk contest could nail that without any practice. Just not a high degree of difficulty.

No you're not the only one. Like some folks said, BG could've done a lay-up and still won. The NBA fails for promoting coaches on this. A lot of presenation and less on dunks. What I liked when Josh won he completed his dunks on the first try so the wow-ness factor is still high.

Dunk was not impressive but I'm guessing the Clips don't want him to miss the dunk if he would've tried it on the highest point. That would suck.

I agree with the miss dunks though... the glamour falls off if they missed it and tried the same dunk.

What I don't really like is how they can get 50s even if they miss the first (or second, or third) time. It would be better if the judges deduct 1 point for every miss dunk attempt.

• Moderators

What I don't really like is how they can get 50s even if they miss the first (or second, or third) time. It would be better if the judges deduct 1 point for every miss dunk attempt.

Agreed. I would give probably 2 tries and then start deducting points. No more "Birdman" moments please.