• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I LIKE THIS TRADE FOR US

QuantumHawkz

• Premium Member

Hawks receive: Stephen Curry, Andris Biedrins, Ekpe Udoh

Warriors receive: Josh Smith, Mike Bibby, Jeff Teague

The Warriors have said that anyone can be traded. Let's see the Hawks prove this statement correct.

Atlanta would receive a star in Curry, who can run the offense for many years to come, and a solid big man in Biedrins.

The Warriors would get an athletic Smith to pair with Monta Ellis, as well as a veteran point guard in Bibby and an up-and-coming guard in Teague.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The Warriors have said that anyone can be traded. Let's see the Hawks prove this statement correct.

Atlanta would receive a star in Curry, who can run the offense for many years to come, and a solid big man in Biedrins.

The Warriors would get an athletic Smith to pair with Monta Ellis, as well as a veteran point guard in Bibby and an up-and-coming guard in Teague.

I'd do it.

Biedrins injury prone... If he wasn't, he wouldn't be on the blocks as a throw in. Smoove is great but a chance to get a guy like Curry makes this a very worth it deal. Curry is the next CP3. Probably better than that because he can shoot very well. The risk here is Biedrins, but you know what... I think it's a risk worth taking.

I like this trade... it's one of those that solves both PG and C spots for us... plus Curry is definitely a special talent.

Unfortunately, we'd have to give up Smoove... In this case it's calculated and reasonable trade, 'cause you have to give value in order to get more-less the same in return...

I just don't like the idea of giving up our highest energy player/best defensive player for a PG and basically a shot down center. I'll keep Smoove over this deal.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love to see Curry here, but i'm not giving Smoove up for him.

I don't understand why we give up both Bibby and Teague to get another PF who's not worth anything..

Just make it simple:

Curry/Biedrins for Smoove/Teague.

The argument I would use to back this trade is that with Smoove on the roster, we are more inconsistent, turnover-prone, and the chemistry isn't optimal. I don't know how I feel about this deal either way. While Smoove is a great talent, we might be a better TEAM with this new lineup.

Edited by ryandauwalker

• Admin

I just don't like the idea of giving up our highest energy player/best defensive player for a PG and basically a shot down center. I'll keep Smoove over this deal.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love to see Curry here, but i'm not giving Smoove up for him.

He is by far our best help defender but is probably not the best overall defender.

Anyway, we have a glaring weakness at pg and we have a redundancy at PF. This trade is not just giving Smith away...you are getting a pg considered to have star potential and he is already on the verge and a good center (heads and tails above our centers) for a position that we have two excellent players at. This will make our team balanced, it will allow Horford to grow, it will give us a pg that will demand attention from other teams, it will take some pressure off JJ and we have a center who can rebound and block shots.

He is by far our best help defender but is probably not the best overall defender.

Anyway, we have a glaring weakness at pg and we have a redundancy at PF. This trade is not just giving Smith away...you are getting a pg considered to have star potential and he is already on the verge and a good center (heads and tails above our centers) for a position that we have two excellent players at. This will make our team balanced, it will allow Horford to grow, it will give us a pg that will demand attention from other teams, it will take some pressure off JJ and we have a center who can rebound and block shots.

I understand the positives and negatives but

Josh Smith leads our squad in both blocks and steals. He also runs down breakaways and contests everything in the paint. Without Josh on our defensive end we will get run over. Even when you compare rebounds per game with Josh/Biedrins, Josh wins that statistic. Now that being said.... I don't know what the result would be if we were to put Horford at PF and Biedrins at C, but considering his problems with injuries in the past I just wouldn't risk trading for him.

Our team would be completely different if this one trade were made. Curry is a great talent. He is a great shooter and like you say, would take pressure off of Joe to score, and I have no doubt he has a bright future, quite possibly an all-star appearance next season.... but I just couldn't give Smoove up for this deal. It would take more than a shooting PG and an injury prone C to get me to move Smoove.

Easily I trade JS/Teague for Curry/Biedrins. I throw in our 1st and love it. Seriously, I love JS but we can all but solve two positions and multiple skill-sets here by trading of one position (we actually fill up by moving a better player to his natural position). Seriously, I do not see HOW anyone could not like this deal. Yes, injury history, but some are odd, non-recurring ones like a hernia. Moreover, Biedrins is 24 years old!!!

There are risks with any deal but were are NOT going to improve without taking a risk. We cannot fill positions, get more talent, diversify our skill sets without taking risks! Cannot be done. This deal seems as low a risk as any if for only two reasons. 1) If biedrins falls apart at least we've got a likely top 5 Pg out of it. That alone is better than JS. 2) If Biedrins falls apart at least we can move Horford back to C (where he is now) and fill the easiest position in basketball to fill at Pf.

W

• Admin

I understand the positives and negatives but

Josh Smith leads our squad in both blocks and steals. He also runs down breakaways and contests everything in the paint. Without Josh on our defensive end we will get run over. Even when you compare rebounds per game with Josh/Biedrins, Josh wins that statistic. Now that being said.... I don't know what the result would be if we were to put Horford at PF and Biedrins at C, but considering his problems with injuries in the past I just wouldn't risk trading for him.

Our team would be completely different if this one trade were made. Curry is a great talent. He is a great shooter and like you say, would take pressure off of Joe to score, and I have no doubt he has a bright future, quite possibly an all-star appearance next season.... but I just couldn't give Smoove up for this deal. It would take more than a shooting PG and an injury prone C to get me to move Smoove.

Blocks / intimidation i will give you that. He has excellent timing to get them. However, steals is an extremely overrated defensive stat...it usually means you gamble a lot. Getting a lot of steals does not make you a good defensive player. So if you miss which Smith has done a lot over his career then the man you are guarding has a free lane to the basket.

He is an average or even below average perimeter defender and he doesn't stay with his man. He is an average post defender too. He is an excellent...one of the best help defenders.

As for your Biedrins/Smith rebound comparison ... he may not get as many but he does not need to. This is basically Smith for Curry and Beans. We get a future all star pg and a decent center for a player who we have a redundancy at the position.

It doesn't matter because Golden State would never consider this trade anyway.