• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Point guard search includes Devin Harris

5ATL15

Sorry for being rude. The issue I have is that everybody on Hawksquawk knows that there is no way Rick Sund is going to make all of those trades within the next 46 hours.

So while it works under league rules and is financially viable, it's pointless posting something like that because that's not how our GM (or any GM whose team is 34-21) operates.

Who says they need to be made within the next 46 hours? Devin Harris would not threaten to put us into luxury until next season. Those trades can all be made in the summer. Just get Harris now and have some foresight, what's so wrong with that? I don't get it. :shake_puter:

• Premium Member

You gotta give value to get value. While Smoove is a really solid player, I think we'll play as a better team without his inconsistency, immaturity, etc. To yield Favors (a legit prospect at a place of need) as well as a bonafide PG, I think you take the risk.

I don't know how else we are going to be able to make a contender-like move without going into the luxury tax (which I don't think we'll ever do with ASG)

Despite his inconsistencies on offense the guy IS basically our defense. If we make this move it is for the future, because we won't be significantly better by trading Smith essentially for Harris and a backup PF. Now, if Favors develops into the player he is hyped up to become than this trade would be a great one. I definitely don't see us going that route since our ownership has had a history of playing it safe.

seriously 3 big trades with 3 different teams. like he said .. this isnt a video gm. impossible to work all that in real life

Those trades are big trades? How is it impossible? Have you ever tried to do it in real life? Truthfully, you don't know how this would go in real life and neither do I, but I know its far from impossible. The Marvin trade could wait for the summer the other 2 are as simple as getting agreements to the office before deadline.

Those trades are big trades? How is it impossible? Have you ever tried to do it in real life? Truthfully, you don't know how this would go in real life and neither do I, but I know its far from impossible. The Marvin trade could wait for the summer the other 2 are as simple as getting agreements to the office before deadline.

Regardless of whether they're big trades or not neither the ASG nor Sund have a history of making more than one trade here or there so thinking that they might make multiple in such a short time span is unrealistic.

• Admin

Despite his inconsistencies on offense the guy IS basically our defense. If we make this move it is for the future, because we won't be significantly better by trading Smith essentially for Harris and a backup PF. Now, if Favors develops into the player he is hyped up to become than this trade would be a great one. I definitely don't see us going that route since our ownership has had a history of playing it safe.

No he is not basically our defense. He is our by far our best help defender but he is not our defense. I would not even consider him our best overall defender. He is probably one of the best help defenders in the league but his post defense is average...i would not consider him that great a man on man and an average or below average perimeter defender. Our defense is not going to fall apart if Josh is traded. I am not saying to trade him but getting blocks and steals does not make you an amazing defender.

• Like 3