• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who should be the new GM?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Let me focus this:

Sund is a babysitter not a visionary.

In 2012, the biggest prize is Dwight Howard and we have an inside track.

Perfect would be: Get Sessions. Make some noise this year and next.

Get rid of Bibby, Marvin, etc as time goes by.

2012, pitch a Horf for Dwight sign and trade with Dwight backing the move only to Atlanta.

The start of the 2012 season, we have: Dwight, Smoove, Joe, ________, Sessions.

Who knows who the SG will be but Joe will become a Sf by then.

So what GM should we consider getting to make all this happen???

Edited by Diesel

It doesn't matter as long as the ASG are holding the purse strings........or until they sell the Thrashers and can loosen those purse strings.

Sund is a babysitter not a visionary.

In 2012, the biggest prize is Dwight Howard and we have an inside track.

Howard would be an idiot to go to a team with no history of spending luxury tax to surround their stars with the best talent possible.

• Premium Member

It doesn't matter as long as the ASG are holding the purse strings........or until they sell the Thrashers and can loosen those purse strings.

I think what drives ASG is the prospect of making money.

Howard/Smoove/Joe will make money. That big three can win the Championship. Moreover, 2 former Atlanta Knights playing for the Hawks will be a draw.

ASG couldn't write a better storyline. Just imagine the defense? Just imagine the offense?

I figure, a first round loss for ORL and Howard will be ready to go. We just have to offer more than LAL.

Unless Mike Gearon fires himself he is the gm.

EXACTLY

I would rather us talk about new owership than a new gm. It is more likely that the Hawks will be sold than Little G stepping down from handling the Hawks.

BK

Bring BK back and allow him to do the job without interference. There have been strong rumor that Marvin and Shelden were ownership picks. Marvin was the duped pick, Shelden the agent "you owe me" Pick. See Shelden and JJ had the same agent.

BK is the master of moving pieces and he , without interference would right the ship.