• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Expect Stephen Jackson to be a Hawk soon

chillzatl

where did you get this info from Chillz?

It will honestly be great if he signs we will definitely know the starting 5 and most of our starters back with some new faces on the bench.

Anyone else know something on Jax, we know he is in Atlanta today, but anybody with some info?

• Admin

I can't really give my source. But I can say that their information came from either his agent or directly from Stephen himself.

But again, that's really all the info I have on him. They said that he's been in town for several days and wants to play here. And with training camp already starting, both sides are eager to get things done.

Personally, what else is he going to say? He's already turned down acceptable offers from better teams. He doesn't really have many options left....

i agree with your post in that this isn't that bad of a lineup. as hotlanta said in another post, this is the same lineup we had last year (with such big expectations) with the substitution of Grob and Ira with Jackson, Nailon and Diaw.

If Jackson, Nailon and Diaw average their last season numbers, that almost makes up for the 28 ppg lost. Plus, as our records last season w/ and w/out Big Hog demonstrate, this team was much better with GRob out of the lineup (the guy is unaware that the letter D is even in the alphabet). We will miss Ira, I agree, but not at the tune of $3 mil a year x 5 years.

therefore, i see no reason to set expectations any lower than they were last year....

flava

Not too bad. A lot here are not in favor of SJax, but he's a nice basketball player with a huge upside. I don't get where people come from with this "attitude" issue. I never heard about him being disruptive or destroying team chemistry in SA. I think it's more of a young player trying to prove himself. If signed at the right price, I'd take him. I believe our team chemistry would be great, with some great athletes by adding this guy. Let's get it done and start concentrating on the season...

J

Well I've always said that I'd rather have him than steve smith or a similarly aged guard. At least Jackson does have the ability to get better and can guard someone outside of an over 40 pickup game.

If we get him cheap it is a good deal. Really probably an excellent deal given what there is out there to choose from.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

I dont know much about Jax, I know he is a very good spot 3 point shooter and he can take the ball to the hole with great ahleticism, but my question is on "the hustle points"....Does he play defense, hustle and rebound?

Yes, he hustles. Sometimes too much b/c he can get a little out of control. Look for the Hawks to continue their turnover woes, but to be much more fluid on offense.

His defense steadily improved, causing Nets coach Byron Scott to comment on SJax's development as a player. It was Scott who had cut Jackson a year before that...