• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can't wait to play the Bulls

sturt

...so that we can finally get some clarity on whether they've shot past us as evidently most pundits seem to think.

I am looking forward to playing them as well ... but I do believe that they've shot past us. Perhaps Hinrich will be enough to change that but I doubt it since the Bulls are a very solid and well rounded team who play terrific defense and actually care about rebounding. If we are hitting our jumpers we can beat them but if not they'll almost certainly beat us.

Noah has been Horford's b!tch since he came into the league. Boozer hasn't done crap against Smith. Over the last two years he is averaging under 10 ppg against the Hawks.And no pg in the league knows Rose's game better than Hinrich.

Their team defense is certainly good but the individual matchups dont look to be a problem.

• Like 3

If we play them like last years Hawks team we can certainly beat them. The team that crashed the glass and tried to score in the paint and actually got to the FT line. That team would have a shot at beating the Bulls but the team we've seen far too often this year with 4 or even 5 guys outside of the paint on offense will get their butts whipped by the Bulls unless their jumper is falling.

There's no doubt that Horford and Smith are fully capable of matching or beating what Noah and Boozer put up though. The real difference maker this year might be how well Deng is playing and what we can do to slow that down. If JJ is moved to SF he can match or outproduce Deng and I like Jamal against whomever they have at SG so then at that point it's about how well Hinrich can defend Rose. The final deciding factor is their bench vs ours and I know we have enough talent on our bench to produce but they've just been awful this season far too many times for me to really believe in them.

Noah has been Horford's b!tch since he came into the league. Boozer hasn't done crap against Smith. Over the last two years he is averaging under 10 ppg against the Hawks.And no pg in the league knows Rose's game better than Hinrich.

Their team defense is certainly good but the individual matchups dont look to be a problem.

Except for Rose.

Hinrich is an upgrade on defense sure.......but no one can guard Rose. He and Williams are the best PGs in the game now with Paul as a close 3rd.

The difference with the Hawks and Bulls is not as much of a talent difference as much as it is a difference of mentality and culture which brings out more consistency. The Bulls are gritty and play sound fundamental defense for 48 minutes a night. We have some growing up to do to get there. I know the Hawks can beat them when their focused and on our game but the difference is this is Hawks team is not as focused and consistent as the Bulls. I think a veteran like Kurt Thomas helps the Bulls with that. The Buck team Thomas was on last year had that same mentality and fire. Plus Skiles and Thibbodeaux seem simlar. Hopefully Hinrich helps the Hawks change to that culture and get more consistent and more serious.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

The only player on the Bulls that scares me is Rose and since the Hinrich pickup even that's leveled off a bit. They can't score late in games. Their entire offense late in games is Rose 1-on-1.

A few days later against the Knicks is the game that intrigues me most. A week ago I dismissed a Melo led Knick team as a playoff pushover. I'm doing a 180 on that. With Chauncey in the mix that's a very good team. Hawks still have a huge advantage inside but I can't count how many times I've seen the Hawks forgo their inside advantage for jump shots.

Either way March may end up being one of the most compelling months of EC basketball since Jordan retired. I get teary eyed thinking about it.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

it's going to be tough considering the play we've thrown out there recently, but with the trade deadline passing, hopefully these guys can get it together and clear all the trade talk chatter out of their heads. hinrich is the new floor general and i'm looking forward to seeing how he operates. the bulls are good and have come together this year, but i still believe the hawks can best them if we are on our A game.

Edited by Boss