• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

MC article on addition of Hinrich and loss of Bibby

coachx

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/hawks-to-forge-new-852122.html

Click the link and give the Hawks beat writer some some traffic. The more traffic he gets the more space he gets to write about the Hawks.

I'm looking at their differences in the locker-room as much as their differences on the floor.

Drew's point: The Hawks are like a group of big kids.

“This is one of the loosest teams you will find,” Hawks center Al Horford said before the trade. “I think sometimes that can be a good thing for us and sometimes that can be a bad thing.”

It's been good when it comes to the personal relationships and levity that can make it easier to deal with a long season in a tough league. Bibby's silliness helped with that.

It's been bad when it's time for the Hawks to get down to business. The Hawks hope the addition of Hinrich will help with that.

The perception of Hinrich, 30, is that of a serious-minded pro.

The Falcons theme was "RISE UP !"

Is the Hawks theme "GROW UP ?" Hinrich should help with that. March is not a time to be "kidding" around. Its a time to get serious.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 2

It's time for this team to grow up and stop being so "silly", especially when they're losses are far too often blowouts. I'm praying that adding Hinrich's defense at the point will be enough to alter our defense but I'm skeptical about having Jamal next to time if he's really going to become the starter at SG.

• Like 1

Yup, Al said it right. Silly is good to keep you loose, but it takes away from preperation. The guys are too loose and we can see that in their 1st quarters. We don't need a prankster, we need a general. Hopefully Hinrich will get that through the guys heads that the time is NOW to be serious and concentrate on winning games.

• Like 1

"It's been good when it comes to the personal relationships and levity that can make it easier to deal with a long season in a tough league. Bibby's silliness helped with that."

I never known that 32 year old Bibby was that playful! Wow who would have thought that! I would have picked Smith as the most playful and Bibby/johnson as the serious ones. Im pretty sure Hinrich is nothin but a serious guy and that will probably lead JJ, Horford, and Jamal into being alot more serious. not sure about smith.

"It's been good when it comes to the personal relationships and levity that can make it easier to deal with a long season in a tough league. Bibby's silliness helped with that."

I never known that 32 year old Bibby was that playful! Wow who would have thought that! I would have picked Smith as the most playful and Bibby/johnson as the serious ones. Im pretty sure Hinrich is nothin but a serious guy and that will probably lead JJ, Horford, and Jamal into being alot more serious. not sure about smith.

If Smith can get serious about rebounding and playing in the paint, this team will go very far. Hinrich might actually help in that he may have the cajones to freeze Smith out of the offense if he doesn't run the play that is called.

Thats what happens when u hire the asst coach

So you think this is something that just started this year then? I'd be willing to bet this has been going on since Bibby got here and I'm pretty sure I've read stuff about him being the prankster and keeping the team loose before.

So you think this is something that just started this year then? I'd be willing to bet this has been going on since Bibby got here and I'm pretty sure I've read stuff about him being the prankster and keeping the team loose before.

I think Jack was responding to Smith being allowed to drift around on offense this season.

Bibby was actually needed when we acquired him a few years ago. He brought some levity to what was probably a very stoic locker room.

One thing I noticed a few times when attending a few Hawks games last year was Bibby would always be clowning around during warm-ups. He was continuously joking around even during lay up drills, nonchalant. This really annoyed me because I felt as the pg and floor general he should have been focused on the task/game plan ahead. I have great respect for Bibby from his Sacramento years and his first year as a Hawk, but after he lost his legs it was evident we needed a new pg. I hope the best for him, but I am glad to see a hard-nosed player come in as our floor leader and can't wait for tonight's game!

In plenty of interviews before, Bibby and Josh were proclaimed as the team clowns and pranksters. Even the live practice from last season showed them being very playful all throughout with their now infamous "bet it hit rim" games. The point where I found it annoying was during an ESPN game last year where they showed footage of Woody in the back going over some stats before a game and Bibby was getting his ankles taped, he balled up the excess tape and threw it over his shoulder at Woody. Woody had the WTF look on his face and then realized it was Bibby and went back to work. That pretty much showed me that that was common place and accepted in the locker room and then there were also the quotes of Bibby constantly telling guys how lucky they had it with Woody. All of this leads to the belief that the team are a very loose bunch and if LD was everyone's friend before I doubt he's done anything to tighten up the ship, the reigns probably got looser since his promotion.

In plenty of interviews before, Bibby and Josh were proclaimed as the team clowns and pranksters.

Here is a specific example.

There is a poster here with an avatar of Smoove messing with Bibby's ears during a timeout where the coach is drawing up a play. Both players were in the game at the time and not subbed out. Smoove was more concerned with clowing around with Bibby then he was focusing on the game plan.

Edited by coachx

In plenty of interviews before, Bibby and Josh were proclaimed as the team clowns and pranksters. Even the live practice from last season showed them being very playful all throughout with their now infamous "bet it hit rim" games. The point where I found it annoying was during an ESPN game last year where they showed footage of Woody in the back going over some stats before a game and Bibby was getting his ankles taped, he balled up the excess tape and threw it over his shoulder at Woody. Woody had the WTF look on his face and then realized it was Bibby and went back to work. That pretty much showed me that that was common place and accepted in the locker room and then there were also the quotes of Bibby constantly telling guys how lucky they had it with Woody. All of this leads to the belief that the team are a very loose bunch and if LD was everyone's friend before I doubt he's done anything to tighten up the ship, the reigns probably got looser since his promotion.

Exactly, which is why I was we would have benefited from a 'no bs' coach like Avery Johnson, Tom Thibodeau, or Byron Scott. But it is what it is, so hopefully they begin to take there profession more serious, and come out every game with the effort they are always talking about that is missing. I'm sure Al Horford is pumped up by the trade and looking forward to having someone with the same mentality on the team.

• Premium Member
Our guards have got to do a better job of that. Obviously we have to be there on the help side, but we need to have that presence to try and keep the ball out of the paint as much as we can.

Drew or Sund better sit Horford down quick!. These are the types of comments that make me wonder if he has and overinflated view of himself. Guys go back and watch a tape of Horford's defense in that Lakers game and tell me if he has any room to talk. This dude is TO without all the criticism.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 2

Drew or Sund better sit Horford down quick!. These are the types of comments that make me wonder if he has and overinflated view of himself. Guys go back and watch a tape of Horford's defense in that Lakers game and tell me if he has any room to talk. This dude is TO without all the criticism.

grasping+at+straws.jpg

• Premium Member

grasping+at+straws.jpg

It should be "We have got to do a better job of that." It's not "Our guards have got to do a better job of that." He just throw his teammates under the bus in the media for the 100th time. He's not the coach!

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

One thing I noticed a few times when attending a few Hawks games last year was Bibby would always be clowning around during warm-ups. He was continuously joking around even during lay up drills, nonchalant. This really annoyed me because I felt as the pg and floor general he should have been focused on the task/game plan ahead. I have great respect for Bibby from his Sacramento years and his first year as a Hawk, but after he lost his legs it was evident we needed a new pg. I hope the best for him, but I am glad to see a hard-nosed player come in as our floor leader and can't wait for tonight's game!

i can co sign to this he would always play in shootaround everytime i saw him

• Like 1