• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Buyouts are killing the Hawks chances.

Diesel

Over the last few years, does anybody know how many of these bought out players have had a significant impact on the teams they go to. I can't think of any off the top of my head that was huge to a team in the playoffs.

The only impact was a player going back to his original team (can't remember who) before they had the 30 day wait rule for re-joining same team.

Edited by jaybird

• Moderators

OMG...i can't believe you guys are even discussing this. in order for Mike to score, Wade/James/Bosh has to pass him the ball. I'll take Mike shooting on a kick out over James getting and 1's all day long.

With us Bibby had a .660 ts% on 3pt shots this season.

Lebron scores at a .580 ts% overall.

I don't think they will be too hurt to let Bibby take wide open 3's. If he hits them at a 40% rate (he shot .441 with us), then he will be scoring more efficiently on his 3pt attempts than Lebron does overall.

• Admin

Troy Murphy picks the Celtics. If anyone cares.

I am glad. He will have less impact over there because they are so stacked. He would be more of a contributor to Miami because they has so little talent outside of their big 3

Bibby to join the Heat.

Murphy to Join the Heat or the Celts.

Buyouts are unfair. We are too broke to sign a bought out player so we're penalized. Miami and Boston have money to burn so they can go get what they need. That's not fair to us.

I hope these guys are slow and unable to contribute.

Plus, the Celts might get Sheed back... What?

It is not unfair and if our owners were true to their word, we would have a great shot at almost any available FA for two reasons.

1st We can offer a full MLE and easily outbid Boston or Miami.

2nd A player like Murphy is also playing for a contract. As thin as we are now he would be assured at getting solid minutes so he would have a great chance at increasing his value next season.

Our owners are horrible if they do not go after Murphy. They said they would spend the 3 million made on our sold pick on a vet with the MLE if he could help us. That is bogus BS if they do not try and get Murphy.

• Premium Member

Bibby to join the Heat.

Murphy to Join the Heat or the Celts.

Buyouts are unfair. We are too broke to sign a bought out player so we're penalized. Miami and Boston have money to burn so they can go get what they need. That's not fair to us.

I hope these guys are slow and unable to contribute.

Plus, the Celts might get Sheed back... What?

WEEI said that the Murphy acquisition pretty much guarantees that Sheed is not coming back. Also SAS (he started the rumor) said the same.

Edited by NineOhTheRino