• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Our team is just too dang Slow

DJlaysitup

Good post. If your 4 and 5 are the only guys willing to run a fast break, you have a big problem. Joe is so lazy I just can't believe he really cares about winning. He is literally a zombie in a basketball players body.

• Like 1

Good post. If your 4 and 5 are the only guys willing to run a fast break, you have a big problem. Joe is so lazy I just can't believe he really cares about winning. He is literally a zombie in a basketball players body.

A very "well off" Zombie :rolleyes:

To be fair...JJ was never a "speed guy" at the SG spot. He has always been a SG in a SF's body. Now (as he ages a bit and is independently wealthy beyond most players) he is drifting into the forward category more and more. One of the advantages JJ had before was that he was a SG who could muscle a defending SG for his shot. At this point opposing teams have realized that he isn't fast enough to worry about much and they can put a SF type guy on him. He is also a relatively poor passer when double-teamed and has a tendency to make moves without bringing the ball with him.

Edited by DJlaysitup

A very "well off" Zombie :rolleyes:

To be fair...JJ was never a "speed guy" at the SG spot. He has always been a SG in a SF's body. Now (as he ages a bit and is independently wealthy beyond most players) he is drifting into the forward category more and more. One of the advantages JJ had before was that he was a SG who could muscle a defending SG for his shot. At this point opposing teams have realized that he isn't fast enough to worry about much and they can put a SF type guy on him. He is also a relatively poor passer when double-teamed and has a tendency to make moves without bringing the ball with him.

Normally this would give us a mismatch at the SF position since a SG would be covering marvin...but marvin can do nothing but defend.

Normally this would give us a mismatch at the SF position since a SG would be covering marvin...but marvin can do nothing but defend.

Yep hh....Bingo!

If we had a SF (especially a 6-9 one) who played on offense like he was 6-9 it might be different. But on offense Hinrich (6-4) could guard Marvin...easily.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I didn't watch the game, I had a bad feeling. This team really isn't good. Hinrich an improvement over Bibby but Bibby got us into our sets and we run them well, but without Bibby, we can't get into any sets. I just don't see it with these guys. They will start winning again but I am not hopeful.