• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So do you guys want to see this lineup more often?

Guest Squawker

Kirk played the 2 a ton in Chi. He was definitely more productive playing sg compared to when he played the 1 (with the bulls, obviously wasn't super productive tonight.) This lineup also moves JJ back to his natural SF position. 2 major pluses in a lineup where Marvin shouldn't be starting and players are out of position (kirk, joe, smoove, and horf all should be playing different positions in the typical lineup).

Great game tonight and let's look forward to seeing more Teague in the future.

Don't like that line up, makes us too small. JJ loses his hight and weight advantage against SG. JJ has never been a SF in the NBA, he may have the size but that is not his natural position. He will struggle defensively at that position on a nightly basis. He will get worn down even more. We already have enough players playing out of position.

Edited by jaybird

• Premium Member

The problem with that lineup is JJ at SF. JJ's big advantage as a SG is that he towers over whoever is guarding him and is also far stronger. He loses that if we slide him over to SF. His quickness advantage over SFs is not nearly as big as his size and strength advantage over SGs.

Then again, JJ has not been playing well at SG over the past month, so hey it can't hurt. And I like the idea of bringing Marvin off the bench.

Edited by niremetal

The problem with that lineup is JJ at SF. JJ's big advantage as a SG is that he towers over whoever is guarding him and is also far stronger. He loses that if we slide him over to SF. His quickness advantage over SFs is not nearly as big as his size and strength advantage over SGs.

Then again, JJ has not been playing well at SG over the past month, so hey it can't hurt. And I like the idea of bringing Marvin off the bench.

That's the way I feel. On paper it's not a great idea, but with the way things have been going it's worth trying.

When Horford returns, I think this makes more sense (starters on left):

PG - Teague and Hinrich split

SG - Johnson and Crawford split

SF - Wilkens and Williams split

PF - Smith and Horford split

C - Horford and Zaza/Collins split

But this doesn't mean we always have to sub 2-3 people at a time always - might be better to stagger the subbing than put in a second unit ...

• Like 1

I'm simply not a fan of Joe's rebounding. He is simply atrocious for someone 6'8" 240 and given the deficiencies of our frontcourt already on the boards I see no need to exacerbate that situation by putting a weaker rebounding unit out there for long stretches.

I'm simply not a fan of Joe's rebounding. He is simply atrocious for someone 6'8" 240 and given the deficiencies of our frontcourt already on the boards I see no need to exacerbate that situation by putting a weaker rebounding unit out there for long stretches.

Marvin is averaging a whopping 0.9 more RPG than Joe.

Teague and Hinrich are really good rebounders for guards .

Edited by GameTime

When Horford returns, I think this makes more sense (starters on left):

PG - Teague and Hinrich split

SG - Johnson and Crawford split

SF - Wilkens and Williams split

PF - Smith and Horford split

C - Horford and Zaza/Collins split

But this doesn't mean we always have to sub 2-3 people at a time always - might be better to stagger the subbing than put in a second unit ...

Thats what Id go with too, but for some unknown reason, LD thinks Jamal is a pg. And now he's trying to play Kirk at sg.

Marvin is averaging a whopping 0.9 more RPG than Joe.

Teague and Hinrich are really good rebounders for guards .

Rebound rate: Season (career)-League Average at Position

Marvin: 10.4 (10.2)-9.0

Damien: 7.7 (7.5)-9.0

Joseph: 6.9 (6.6)-7.0

Jeffrey: 6.5 (6.0)-5.8

Kirkland: 5.0 Was 4.3 Atl (5.6)-5.8

Yea, I'd call that whopping but oh, lemme guess, you forgot to adjust for their different minutes too? Typical.

Either way, only Marvin and Teague are good rebounders at their positions both this year and career wise, the rest are either poor or average.