• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tonite's Starters Are...

JackB1

• Moderators

This is what trading Bibby solved. We're down to one poor defender out of our 4 guards vs. 2. The question is will we see a Teague/Joe starting backcourt at some point. When will Teague get the chance to be the only PG on the floor with the starters?

Well, I don't know if this is the smartest thing. To be honest, I don't really like this line up as much, but we'll see how it works. Kirk should be the PG, not playing the SG. As much as I like seeing Teague start, he's better off coming off the bench for now or vice versa with Kirk Hinrich. I rather Kirk start, but if he's not going to, then he needs to sit the bench. We can't have 2 PG's in the game, and then have Jamal come in as a PG off the bench. Just not going to work. I rather have Kirk start, and Teague come in and play PG minutes.

• Like 2

ugh

i don't like Hinrich at SG

he is so much better at PG

We need it to be more like PG: Hinrich 32mpg/Teague 16mpg

Craw should never be at PG; Hinrich should rarely be at SG; Teague should get consistent 15+mpg at pg

Exactly. I guess it's some of these fans (younger, I'm assuming)are ready and excited to see Teague play, but don't realize Kirk don't play to his potential when he's at SG.

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 1

I must be missing something with Teague. I'm gonna sit and analyze everything he does out there tonight and try to see what so many on this board see in him. I seem to only catch airball floaters, brick jumpers, blocked lay-ups, compounding offensive mistakes with fouls seconds later, and that turnover leading to points at the end of the half against the Lakers that was one of the worst plays I'd seen this season. Yuck.

Edited by benhillboy

Exactly. I guess it's some of these fans (younger, I'm assuming)are ready and excited to see Teague play, but don't realize Kirk don't play to his potential when he's at SG.

Well, Kirk is better at the point, but maybe this is LD's way of rewarding Teague's hard play with a start. I just want to see what Teague can bring tonight with more playing time, he has to continue to get more of it in order to grow. Being a young fan has nothing to do with it.

• Moderators

I must be missing something with Teague. I'm gonna sit and analyze everything he does out there tonight and try to see what so many on this board see in him. I seem to only catch airball floaters, brick jumpers, blocked lay-ups, compounding offensive mistakes with fouls seconds later, and that turnover leading to points at the end of the half against the Lakers that was one of the worst plays I'd seen this season. Yuck.

I think this is what we see in him. For all the comparisons to Acie, I never saw Acie do any of this.

• Like 1

Teague needs to be the starter until he proves he can't handle it. He needs good players around him to dish to. Our bench has no shooters outside of Jamal who has to dominate the ball himself.

Uh what? Since when does that make sense?

Teague needs to be on the bench and play a lot of minutes until he proves he can start.

• Like 1

I think this is what we see in him. For all the comparisons to Acie, I never saw Acie do any of this.

True, true. Flashes. I didn't see that Portland game. But we've had their number for some time so I'll chalk that up to momentum. Andre Miller is the type of PG you can dominate loudly or he'll dominate you quietly. Let's see Teague steal a Kidd pass or block a Westbrook at the rim then I'll take notice.

• Like 1

Let's see Teague steal a Kidd pass or block a Westbrook at the rim then I'll take notice.

Agreed with this statement, even Hinrich had trouble containing Russel. The kid is a beast. This is why I consider OKC to be a serious threat, because now you have two players on that team you might have to consider doubling.

I hope Teague can pull out another performance tonight. He has shown flashes where he could be a beast. If you hear the same thing from all the players, it must be true. Come on Teague, it's your time to prove that you are the PG that we drafted. :D