• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ comments on headband

Guest Squawker

Guest Squawker

"It worked. I was supposed to change headbands at halftime, but everybody jumped up saying, 'No. No. No.' I don't know. I'm not a headband-kind of guy, but for right now I have to wear it. I had my legs under me . . . I had two days off. I was making quick moves in the post. You get a couple easy baskets, and the basket starts to open up a little bit."

-- Joe Johnson, on whether he'll keep the headband that he had to wear to protect a head wound that resulted from a procedure to clean out an infection.

http://www.nba.com/games/20110315/MILATL/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021000554#nbaGIboxscore

Yes, you keep that headband Joe.

Joe said he "had his legs tonite". he had 2 days off and was feeling fresh.

Why don't we limit his minutes more, especially down the stretch. It's obvious

when Joe gets run down his level of play drops off dramatically. He had that

good lift tonite on his jumpers. I hope Drew takes notice!

"It worked. I was supposed to change headbands at halftime, but everybody jumped up saying, 'No. No. No.' I don't know. I'm not a headband-kind of guy, but for right now I have to wear it. I had my legs under me . . . I had two days off. I was making quick moves in the post. You get a couple easy baskets, and the basket starts to open up a little bit."

-- Joe Johnson, on whether he'll keep the headband that he had to wear to protect a head wound that resulted from a procedure to clean out an infection.

http://www.nba.com/games/20110315/MILATL/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021000554#nbaGIboxscore

Yes, you keep that headband Joe.

What kind of Infection did Joe Have?

I saw the bandage poking out from the headband and noticed a little blad spot back there in previous games. My question is: How does a a sweaty headband protect against infection ?

I also heard JJ got Tuesday's practice off to address the infection. Perhaps he should get more practice days off to freshen up his legs down the stretch.

Edited by coachx