• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Horford: "Something needs to be done."

NineOhTheRino

Al has had just as many bad games as Josh but is seldom singled out as the reason for a loss. People tend to focus on the obvious with Josh. It's easy to point out missed jumpers but it take a bit more attention to point out Al's horrible defense or erratic low post game at times. I dislike Josh's mentality as much as anyone but I've never been close to saying he's the sole reason this team dropped a game.

Saying Al has as many bad games as Josh could be the most ridiculous thing ever spoken on these boards. Al is probably the ONLY consistent player on this team full of inconsistent players and

if you go back over every game's box score you will see that. Also, most of Josh's stupid play doesn't show up in STATS....horrible passes that don't result in TO's....dumb plays where he is bailed out

by a fellow Hawk, not to mention arguing every non-foul call and not hustling up and down the court.

Edited by JackB1

• Premium Member

Al has had just as many bad games as Josh but is seldom singled out as the reason for a loss. People tend to focus on the obvious with Josh. It's easy to point out missed jumpers but it take a bit more attention to point out Al's horrible defense or erratic low post game at times. I dislike Josh's mentality as much as anyone but I've never been close to saying he's the sole reason this team dropped a game.

I don't think this should come down to who's better, Al or Josh (both are awesome players) or how many games each player in the roster have cost us. I for one rely on facts.

FACT: Smoove sometimes wins us games with long range jumpers (which he isn't supposed to shoot)

FACT: Smoove sometimes loses games because he keeps on shooting long range jumpers that won't fall (which he isn't supposed to shoot)

FACT: Last season, Smoove was way more productive, especially in the paint (where he's supposed to be)

FACT: Al doesn't wander around on offense, he tries to follow the game plan. You won't see Larry Drew complaining about Al settling for jumpers.

JJ and Jamal hurt the team a lot sometimes, but even they are doing what they're supposed to do. Maybe they shouldn't hog it so much, but isos are part of the offense. It's not difficult to notice who's going with the game plan and who isn't. Even when playing PF, Josh will shoot it instead of going inside. It's funny because now he's got a nice FT touch and won't use it anyway. He could be shooting 12+ FTs a game if he only were a bit smarter than he is now.

I really liked him last season, whenever he plays under control he's such a monster player. I was a huge fan of him. Not anymore. I believe most us 'haters' just grew tired of seeing the same crazy $h!t over and over again.

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 1

Ok ok, it's time for this to stop. There are always going to be different opinions between everyone, and especially between peoples favorite players. This argument will never end and there is no point in arguing. All I was saying is Josh shouldn't be the only taking all of the blame. All of the captains should be the ones blaming themselves.

Anyways, no need to argue about any of this. Let's talk about good things. :biggrin:

Edited by AHawks89