• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Horford: "Something needs to be done."

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member
sometimes we fight back, sometimes we lay down. I think it's too late in the year to be inconsistent. We've got to know what we're going to get from each other. We've got to play hard every night.

We continued just to shoot from the perimeter, which played right into their hands. They got out and ran on us.

We've just got to share the ball. I think at times we do it, at times we don't.

no quotes from Joe "Bad Team Beater" Johnson

member terrell used a word that sums everything up nicely: dysfunctional

Edited by NineOhTheRino

sometimes we fight back, sometimes we lay down. I think it's too late in the year to be inconsistent. We've got to know what we're going to get from each other. We've got to play hard every night.

Josh...YOU'RE THE PROBLEM. They intentionally doubled Joe and Al immediately because they know when you get the ball, it stops and takes flight from 20 feet. Quit acting like it is everyone else, and WAKE UP. Learn to play the game, then make some statements. We all know what to expect from you...bad basketball.

• Like 3

LOL@ Al Horford with that blank statement. Allstars are leaders and are the first to put the blame on themselves. But, after all the years I've been hearing Al's post game comments he has never accepted the blame. He should be saying " I'm a leader on this team and it starts with me. I have to be more assertive on offense to help set the tone for my team." He definately needs a reality check because I haven't seen him "play" since that faithful night against Chicago.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

LOL@ Al Horford with that blank statement. Allstars are leaders and are the first to put the blame on themselves. But, after all the years I've been hearing Al's post game comments he has never accepted the blame. He should be saying " I'm a leader on this team and it starts with me. I have to be more assertive on offense to help set the tone for my team." He definately needs a reality check because I haven't seen him "play" since that faithful night against Chicago.

I think it's been reported that Al had an accident as a kid that caused his fingers to only point outward.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

Josh...YOU'RE THE PROBLEM. They intentionally doubled Joe and Al immediately because they know when you get the ball, it stops and takes flight from 20 feet. Quit acting like it is everyone else, and WAKE UP. Learn to play the game, then make some statements. We all know what to expect from you...bad basketball.

The crappy play or failure to show up went probably like this Joe, Marvin, Horford, Teague, Jamal, Josh in that order. But every thread today will talk about how Josh doesn't get it and he's stupid. Does anyone pay attention to what these other guys are doing or does everyone just watch Josh?

• Like 2

He should be saying " I'm a leader on this team and it starts with me. I have to be more assertive on offense to help set the tone for my team." He definately needs a reality check because I haven't seen him "play" since that faithful night against Chicago.

How many touches did Al get in the paint ?

He is not a guard or a wing that handles the ball. The offense needs to get him more touches in the paint. Especially when he was playing with ZaZa and was matched up against K-Mart. Centers and PFs need plays designed for them.

I'd like to see Horford calling for the ball on the block alot more. Especially when he is playing with ZaZa or Collins.

If were not for ZaZa's scoring in the paint last night we would have been blown out by 30.

• Like 3

The crappy play or failure to show up went probably like this Joe, Marvin, Horford, Teague, Jamal, Josh in that order. But every thread today will talk about how Josh doesn't get it and he's stupid. Does anyone pay attention to what these other guys are doing or does everyone just watch Josh?

Why is Marvin the 2nd guy on your blame list ? I son't think you saw the game.

Marvin played very well last night and brought good energy off the bench. He has 10 points in just 21 minutes. When Marvin was on the floor the Hawks were actually +13......when Marvin was off the floor the Hawks were -28. When Marvin was not in, Josh Smith shot the Hawks out of the game going 4 -16 from the field. He got us off to that cold start going 0-4 on 4 out 5 of the Hawks first shots.

Tha blame goes on the Hawks "big 3." JJ, Al, and Smoove all sucked. Wilson Chandler just shut Joe down.

ZaZa, Cawford,and Marvin were the only guys who showed up.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

Why is Marvin the 2nd guy on your blame list ? I son't think you saw the game.

Marvin played very well last night and brought good energy off the bench. He has 10 points in just 21 minutes. When Marvin was on the floor the Hawks were actually +13......when Marvin was off the floor the Hawks were -28. When Marvin was not in, Josh Smith shot the Hawks out of the game going 4 -16 from the field. He got us off to that cold start going 0-4 on 4 out 5 of the Hawks first shots.

Tha blame goes on the Hawks "big 3." JJ, Al, and Smoove all sucked. Wilson Chandler just shut Joe down.

ZaZa, Cawford,and Marvin were the only guys who showed up.

You're probably right that Marvin shouldn't be second but he most definitely should be on the blame list. I only exempt Zaza and Hinrich. Crawford and Marvin had some decent stretches but when it counted they sucked. Did Marvin make a shot in the second half? And Crawford? Really I should blame LD because crawford has no business being in there when he just feigns interest in staying with his man on D. I do blame Smoove too I'm just tired of the attitude that we lost because Smoove missed a bunch of jumpers when Crawford never plays defense, Marvin usually misses big shots, Joe kills what little offensive scheme we have, and Horford seems scared to do anything but short jumpers. With Smoove there are wild fluctuations in effectiveness but his effort is there every game (i realize many don't agree with this but its true). I don't see that with the others.

Edit: Marvin made two baskets in the third. Missed all his 4th quarter shots. Check out the video on nba.com. Watch Jamal play defense from the 1:52 mark in the video. Its like 4 straight plays where he just kind of trots behind the guy he's guarding.

Name of external link

Edited by macdaddy

He is not a guard or a wing that handles the ball. The offense needs to get him more touches in the paint. Especially when he was playing with ZaZa and was matched up against K-Mart. Centers and PFs need plays designed for them.

I'd like to see Horford calling for the ball on the block alot more. Especially when he is playing with ZaZa or Collins.

If were not for ZaZa's scoring in the paint last night we would have been blown out by 30.

Exactly right coachx. Our wings halfheartedly bounce the ball inside to AL when he's covered and that counts as a "touch". Primarily they are hoping to get the ball back so they can jack a jumper. You can't run the pick and roll with Teague cause nobody will stay with Teague...doesn't work much with Craw cause he will shoot every time. I can certainly understand AL's frustration. He isn't the type of player who can just do it by himself.

At least Zaza had his season best game (like Teague did the game before him) - 32.5 minutes, 19 points, 10 rebounds, and the only guy on the team with a plus per. Congrats Zaza !! :clapping:

Smith and JJ looked like they weren't interested in playing ball last night.

What is Al talking about? SMH

It's funny hearing comments from "captains', but yet never show up in games; especially two of these players don't like showing up at big games. Hmm, maybe instead of saying we need to share the ball, how about you stop looking lost and confused, and work on your post moves and be prepared for every game. Al is having one of those months where it's cool to disappear.

I'm usually mad about Josh & Joe, but at least they're attempting to shoot the ball. It's not like they're not trying, they are, but the shot don't fall sometimes. And when their shots are not falling, at least you can count on Josh to alternate every shot and playing some good defense. On the other hand, it's time for the message boards good ol Al Horford to step up and be a captain, instead of trying to sound like one.

We need everyone to step up and fill in their rolls, not just Josh one night, Teague the other, etc.

Get yall's sh** together Hawks

'

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 3

We have to play hard every night...it's not 1 player that I can point at. As a collective this team takes plays off and have stretches in a game/season where it looks like they're just fake hustling out there. And that lends into the inconsistency and the on and off/up and down play this season. I like the fact that we're a bit quicker since the trade but i would love to see us really try to make a point to play fast at all times. But then we turn back into this moderate paced jump shooting team. To me it's all about a mindset and it starts from training camp and is installed from there. This team has never really decided on how they want to play regardless of the opponent outside of shooting long jumpers at the end of the shot clock.

Denver took over that game about midway through the 2nd quarter.......I could feel it. I looked at the demeanor and the way the Hawks were communicating on the court and it was drab. Almost like let's just get through this one.

• Premium Member

Hm. OK .

Joe is supposed to shoot the rock. He did it and failed. Miserably.

Marvin had a nice game, don't know what you're talking about.

Horford... didn't have it in his hands... still had 7-6-6 on 60% shooting. Clearly he needed the ball a lot more.

Teague... well he shouldn't even play more than 15 minutes a night. He's a backup PG, no more.

Jamal is supposed to shoot or drive. He did it ok. I won't mention his defensive skills because they're nonexistent.

JOSH IS SUPPOSED TO GO TO THE HOLE, ESPECIALLY WHEN PLAYING PF. WTF WHERE HE DOING LAST NIGHT? Oh, wait, I know. It's not like this have never happened before.

The man (should I say 'boy') refuses to play to his strengths. We gotta get rid of his lazy a$$. Trade him while he has value.

GO HAWKS.

Oh, and Fire Woody.

He should be starting Hinrich-JJ-Smoove-Horford-Zaza

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Hm. OK .

Joe is supposed to shoot the rock. He did it and failed. Miserably.

Marvin had a nice game, don't know what you're talking about.

Horford... didn't have it in his hands... still had 7-6-6 on 60% shooting. Clearly he needed the ball a lot more.

Teague... well he shouldn't even play more than 15 minutes a night. He's a backup PG, no more.

Jamal is supposed to shoot or drive. He did it ok. I won't mention his defensive skills because they're nonexistent.

JOSH IS SUPPOSED TO GO TO THE HOLE, ESPECIALLY WHEN PLAYING PF. WTF WHERE HE DOING LAST NIGHT? Oh, wait, I know. It's not like this have never happened before.

The man (should I say 'boy') refuses to play to his strengths. We gotta get rid of his lazy a$$. Trade him while he has value.

GO HAWKS.

Oh, and Fire Woody.

He should be starting Hinrich-JJ-Smoove-Horford-Zaza

The Teague coalition is strong these days. I don't see it. Sure he runs fast and jumps high but I wounder if these people see how awful this team looks offensively when Teague is on the floor.

• Moderators

The Teague coalition is strong these days. I don't see it. Sure he runs fast and jumps high but I wounder if these people see how awful this team looks offensively when Teague is on the floor.

Count me in the coalition. Did you see how awful we look with Craw running the point in the 4th quarter and how invisible our defense was?. I'll take Teague's mistakes over this any day.

• Like 1