• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LD's juggling line up

I think LD's constant juggling of the starting line-up is messing with the chemistry (whatever is left) of the team: start Teague 2 consecutive games, then no playing time in 1st half, start Twin this game where you need quickness and agility instead you get slower, playing Smoove at the 3 especially against LeBron just plain assinine.

I'm sure we must be leading the league in different starting line-ups not due to injury. It's too late in the season to be doing this kinda thing. If you're still tying to figure this out you're just not ready for the playoffs. :negative:

Why are we constanly juggling the line-up to match up with teams constantly - who does that? :roulette:

I think LD's constant juggling of the starting line-up is messing with the chemistry (whatever is left) of the team: start Teague 2 consecutive games, then no playing time in 1st half, start Twin this game where you need quickness and agility instead you get slower, playing Smoove at the 3 especially against LeBron just plain assinine.

I'm sure we must be leading the league in different starting line-ups not due to injury. It's too late in the season to be doing this kinda thing. If you're still tying to figure this out you're just not ready for the playoffs. :negative:

Why are we constanly juggling the line-up to match up with teams constantly - who does that?

Yeah jay, I agree 100%. Increasing minutes for certain players due to matchups I'm fine with...but you don't just totally bench a guy and then bring in a regular DNP-CDer and start him. I upsets the apple cart.

Teague should have had minutes in the first half and Collins should get SOME minutes in other games if we expect him to come in and start against teams like ORL and MIA.

Reminds me of the old "Lovin Spoonful" song...you have to finally decide. (LD)

Did you ever have to make up your mind?

And pick up on one and leave the other behind?

It's not often easy and not often kind.

Did you ever have to finally decide?

And say yes to one and let the other one ride?

There's so many changes and tears you must hide.

Did you ever have to finally decide?

Sometimes there's one with big blue eyes, cute as a bunny,

With hair down to here, and plenty of money,

And just when you think she's that one in the world,

Your heart gets stolen by some mousy little girl,

And then you know you'd better make up your mind.

And pick up on one and leave the other behind.

It's not often easy and not often kind.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Wonder why only 2 people have responded to this thread at this point? Everyone pretty much acknowledges what most of us knew from the day LD was named coach at this point, he was another bad choice by this franchise and they are tired of even thinking about the incompetent joke.

Edited by Superiorblogman

LD is simply clueless... he lost the compass...

We have no offense, no defense...

Sure, players carry their share of responsibility (which isn't small), but LD lost this team long time ago and it's obvious that he doesn't know how to steer this ship...

P.S. Hopefully, we'll go after Doc in the off-season...

A month ago LD was criticized for not changing the line ups. You can't please everyone.

I liked starting line up for Heat game, but didn't like the rotation. Kirk was making the shots early on and was replaced with Crawford who didn't do anything right in the first half and was benched quickly which was good move from the coach but the Hawks were down in double digits already.

Drew has to realize that putting Jamal in is a gamble.

Teague should have get some playing time in first half.

Hawks are in transition pretty much since Bibby for Hinrich trade and I agree that coach should settle for a starting line up and adjust it with only one player (small lineup or big lineup) as he did most of the season.

Teams that have no continuity are teams that don't win...the lineup juggling absolutely killed this team chemistry..It created confusing with Josh Smith's game sometimes he scraps other games he is a bootleg Glen Rice..Horford isn't hittin the boards hard anymore..this team is in disarray..

Most coaches new or old have set rotations by this point in the season, LD OTOH is showing just how unprepared he was for this job with all of his panic moves going down the stretch. I think it's a matter of something we overlooked back during the promotion, first time coaches may be fine with young rosters that they can mold to their philosophy but this team is far from young or impressionable if you can bring yourself to look past their birth certificates. Really only Monty Williams is a new coach that has gotten his vet team to play to his philosophy and even that is more to do with Paul just being healthy again. The idea was that Drew's familiarity with the team would help him get in the ear of these guys but its clear that he's just even more of a player's coach than Woody was which is damn near impossible. The experiment has failed, the teamed is flawed in nearly aspect from top to bottom and there is no amount of tweaking that can change that. I feel like we're Isiah's Knicks.....

If the ASG have any sense then they'll realize that this team is not going to attract fans and it's not going to win, it might as well sell the diehards some hope for the future and maybe attract some new blood by tearing it all down. There's not a single player that I think should be kept right now but it's apparent that Al is untouchable to most non-Smoove lovers simply because he has been less tainted than the rest and due to CBA rules governing his contract extension he can't be moved for anything approaching his talent or actual dollar amount. He get's another year to be evaluated as the least tenured of the core and due to BYC. We'll have to be sellers for the rest, all of them put together yet alone a single player is not worth a perennial All Star yet alone a super star. Shorter bad contracts, expirings and picks are the only expectation there. Bring in fresh blood to the GM positions, invest more in management and coaching so as to establish a culture. Let player salaries be a secondary investment and show free agents and prospects that this is a serious organization that demonstrates competency from the top.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Most coaches new or old have set rotations by this point in the season, LD OTOH is showing just how unprepared he was for this job with all of his panic moves going down the stretch. I think it's a matter of something we overlooked back during the promotion, first time coaches may be fine with young rosters that they can mold to their philosophy but this team is far from young or impressionable if you can bring yourself to look past their birth certificates. Really only Monty Williams is a new coach that has gotten his vet team to play to his philosophy and even that is more to do with Paul just being healthy again. The idea was that Drew's familiarity with the team would help him get in the ear of these guys but its clear that he's just even more of a player's coach than Woody was which is damn near impossible. The experiment has failed, the teamed is flawed in nearly aspect from top to bottom and there is no amount of tweaking that can change that. I feel like we're Isiah's Knicks.....

If the ASG have any sense then they'll realize that this team is not going to attract fans and it's not going to win, it might as well sell the diehards some hope for the future and maybe attract some new blood by tearing it all down. There's not a single player that I think should be kept right now but it's apparent that Al is untouchable to most non-Smoove lovers simply because he has been less tainted than the rest and due to CBA rules governing his contract extension he can't be moved for anything approaching his talent or actual dollar amount. He get's another year to be evaluated as the least tenured of the core and due to BYC. We'll have to be sellers for the rest, all of them put together yet alone a single player is not worth a perennial All Star yet alone a super star. Shorter bad contracts, expirings and picks are the only expectation there. Bring in fresh blood to the GM positions, invest more in management and coaching so as to establish a culture. Let player salaries be a secondary investment and show free agents and prospects that this is a serious organization that demonstrates competency from the top.

Panic is the key word here. LD gets scared then starts throwing ideas against the wall and hoping it all works out. Stinger said it best: "Larry Drew's lineups are consistently inconsistent." That's OK early on but by this point LD, as the man in charge, should have a clear understanding of what he's working with.

Hell yeah it's time to tear it down. Just as signing JJ was priority #1 last season trading JJ should be priority #1 this point forward.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I like how we are in free fall since trading our starting PG yet no one wants to say we are missing Bibby. LD had basically two lineups up until the trade. The woody and the big lineup (hehe). Since we traded Bibby I don't see where he had much choice but to juggle.

• Premium Member

I like how we are in free fall since trading our starting PG yet no one wants to say we are missing Bibby. LD had basically two lineups up until the trade. The woody and the big lineup (hehe). Since we traded Bibby I don't see where he had much choice but to juggle.

Can't give LD a pass. He's the one that twisted Sund's arm by bitching in the media about his players.

Panic is the key word here. LD gets scared then starts throwing ideas against the wall and hoping it all works out. Stinger said it best: "Larry Drew's lineups are consistently inconsistent." That's OK early on but by this point LD, as the man in charge, should have a clear understanding of what he's working with.

Considering the entirety of his tenure here he should of had a set plan really from the beginning. There was no "getting to know the roster" for him, it was all supposed to be "he was a firsthand witness and knows all of the teams strengths and weaknesses and will address them." Many blamed everything on Woody and felt that LD was just a bystander but it's clear now that he was also a contributor over these years. Woody may have been the warden but LD was a bad orderly in this asylum.