NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Fixed!

http://media.790thezone.com/Podcasts/1345/023200104.mp3

Download

Still waiting on 790 to post part 2.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

This dude must be very depressed, I can't even understand him. Sounds almost like he's whispering.

Probably still recovering from the knife wound in his back.

• Moderators

Probably still recovering from the knife wound in his back.

Who knifed him in the back? BK tried to fire him after 4 or 5 years in the job but wasn't successful. At the time the ASG fired him, he was one of the longest tenured coaches in the NBA. I've never heard any rumors of Drew undermining him in an effort to land the job.

• Premium Member

"True basketball fans that followed what we were doing over the six years [that I was head coach], they liked what we were doing."

He must have been talking to a pretty small and not representative sample of basketball fans.

Edited by niremetal

I liked how we improved every year win wise under Woody. I dont think that is going to happen this year obviously. I know we got smoked in round 2 of the playoffs 2 straight years but I believe Woody got this bunch of guys to its apex or dam close. Nationally at least the bball fans where I live where suprised the Hawks didnt bring him back and flat out jaw dropped by the Drew hire.

• Moderators

"True basketball fans that followed what we were doing over the six years [that I was head coach], they liked what we were doing."

He must have talking to a pretty small and not representative sample of basketball fans.

"True basketball fans" = members of Woodson's family &10 others. I think we just switched Mike Bibby onto Paul Pierce while that interview was playing...

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Who knifed him in the back? BK tried to fire him after 4 or 5 years in the job but wasn't successful. At the time the ASG fired him, he was one of the longest tenured coaches in the NBA. I've never heard any rumors of Drew undermining him in an effort to land the job.

Woody was not fired!

Conspiracy theory #265:

Do you guys remember BK blocking LD from taking another job? Why do you think BK would do that?

We know BK wanted to fire Woody. Anyone doubt that LD wasn't first on BK's list to replace Woody?

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

How would Woody have done with this current roster? Better, Worse, Same? I wonder if not having to hide Bibby if he would have killed the switching defense?

He still wouldn't give a s*** about the offense. And the players would be tuning him out same as they are tuning Uncle Larry out. And every single play at the end of a close game would still be ISO Joe.

Given how poorly Woody handled injuries to rotation players, my guess is that we'd have the same or slightly worse record. And I wouldn't even have a faint glimmer of something unexpectedly good happening in the playoffs.

• Moderators

Woody was not fired!

Conspiracy theory #265:

Do you guys remember BK blocking LD from taking another job? Why do you think BK would do that?

We know BK wanted to fire Woody. Anyone doubt that LD wasn't first on BK's list to replace Woody?

You are right that Woody wasn't fired. His contract expired and he was told to look elsewhere for future employment. That seems to suggest that you think the ASG didn't stab him in the back. Pointing out Drew tried to leave the team seems to suggest that LD wasn't the one stabbing him in the back. You don't mention the players so I am guessing you aren't blasting Josh, Joe or one of the players here.

Your answer seems to suggest that it was BK but I am not sure how wanting to fire Woody after giving him over 4 years on the job amounts to stabbing him in the back.