• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Everyone seems shocked about this Bulls loss

CBAreject

There's lots of anguish on the homecourt forum tonight, but I don't get it. We played the team with the best record in the Eastern conference tonight, a team that has drubbed us before, a team we only beat by miraculous good fortune a few weeks ago. We played like the Hawks of the last 3 weeks, and we lost...badly. Sucks? Yes. Reason for surprise? Sadly, no. Didn't we see this royal flogging coming? We're by most measures a league-average team (actually by all measures except record), and we played an elite team that matches up well with us. The result should've been predictable. These Bulls are good, and we are not. Worse yet, they are reminders of so many errors in our rebuild. Deng reminds us we overdrafted Childress. Rose reminds us we passed on a superstar PG. Boozer reminds at least me (because he was expendable to Utah) we whiffed on Millsap, drafting a far worse version of him (Shelden) 30-something picks earlier and paying him 3 million per year more. Their excellent team defense reminds me that we could've signed such a gem as Tom Thibodeau instead of settling for ordinary. Ah well, this is the life of a Hawks fan. I wish them success with their well-built team.

• Like 1

Well, hope springs eternal. I always hope for victory and believe it can happen even though that may not be all that realistic in a game like tonight. And losing always sucks, so I always feel disappointed about that. And getting run right out of your own building takes that feeling of suck to an entirely different level, and that makes a game like tonight a crashing disappointment. If they could only give an effort and compete respectably and give their opponents a good game only to end up losing, that would be one thing. But this outfit can't even keep it respectable, and it looks like they hardly even care. So yeah, I feel pretty upset about that.

I dont care how good the bulls are no nba team gets blown out by another nba team on their homecourt and trail the game about as much as 40 something if they give a full effort.

Ive said this before but the game simply is not personal to this team especially its best players.

If I was playing and I heard those MVP chants well Im taking a flagrant if Rose tried to drive and dunk like he did on Josh well hes going down . I wouldnt try and hurt anyone but he sure would feel it and he would know that he needs to think again about thinking he can just fly in for a uncontested layup ON OUR HOME FLOOR .

This is a possible playoff matchup and you have to set the tone but there simply was no fight . I wonder how many of our players went to the Bulls lockerroom trying to get Rose's autograph after the game

• Like 1

I dont care how good the bulls are no nba team gets blown out by another nba team on their homecourt and trail the game about as much as 40 something if they give a full effort.

Key word here: TEAM

Hawks are no longer a team, just a group of individuals playing in the NBA.

No, they didn't give the necessary effort. They were beaten when they stepped on the floor.

SAD. SO SAD.

:bad:

• Like 1

The Bulls being the best team in the East is an excuse that I won't accept. It's like the Hawks showed absolutely no fight. They got punched in the mouth early and what did they do? They laid the eff down.

By 40 points at one point.

At home.

And probably won't lose any sleep over it.

Once I saw the red uniforms at home I knew we were in trouble Nail%20Biting.gif

Seriously though, I heard a snippet of a Craw interview on the radio where he basically admitted that we are "locked in" at the 5th position in the playoffs. That's probably what most of the other players figure too. So we come out with lackluster energy against a better team that is playing for the top spot in the E.C. and is all jacked up. Then their stars get hot. Perfect storm. Heartless effort. At least the Bulls fans got their moneys worth.