• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I was the Aaron's Seat Upgrade "Fan of the Game" tonight!

Devon

So i get a call from my friend at 4:30 saying he got some tickets to the Hawks game against the Magic, and while they were nosebleeders we could probably move down... Regardless, I'd been to 16 home games this season and am always down to go to Phillips so i was in.

Well, after horrible weather/traffic I arrive at Phillips, meet up with my buddy at CNN Center and we go in...

We tried to get a table at Taco Mac but the wait was 45 minutes so we decided to try our luck with the food in our section; up the escalators we go.

(Now keep in mind I'm wearing my white Al Horford jersey with a grey Retro Hawks' hat) as we get to the top of the escalator and turn left towards our section I hear a voice say "excuse me, Grey hat, White Horford Jersey" so I turn around and meet Von (the Hawks' gameday promo coordinator, very nice guy)....

He asks us for our tickets and then informs us that we've been selected as the Aaron's Seat Upgrade "Fan of the Game" and we get to sit basically courtside in a full recliner with wait service at our seat....

IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!!

Just thought I'd throw that out there, great win tonight, great to see it from up so close... Dwight Howard is a massive human being.

Anyway... Tonight was a great night all the way around.

^^^WINNING!!!^^^^

• Like 3

..that we've been selected as the Aaron's Seat Upgrade "Fan of the Game" and we get to sit basically courtside in a full recliner with wait service at our seat....

Just thought I'd throw that out there, great win tonight, great to see it from up so close... Dwight Howard is a massive human being.

Cool! Congrats! I've only gotten down close a couple times (and likely never that close) and it is neat to see the players up close.

Now don't get carried away and patronize Aaron's out of a sense of duty...they will screw you blind :stirthepot:

Quick reverse story: I got to see the Celtics in the Bird years at the old Boston Garden once when in the navy - they gave us free tickets. We were actually sitting higher than all the championship banners. We had to crane our necks downward to get a little gap between the bottom of the banners and the top of the peoples' heads below us and actually see the floor. Celtics were playing Utah and the only person I could recognize as an actual human was Mark Eaton for Utah...because he was 7 foot 5 inches.

LOL....so that was you sitting next to Harry the Hawk on the big screen? FREAKIN AWESOME!!

Yeah man... It was a cool experience. I've said it once but Dwight Howard is a GINORMOUS human being.... His biceps are like the size of my head; if he's 6'11" then Al is 6'9" cuz Dwight has 2" in height and probably 25 pounds on Al; Collins played a surprisingly good game on Dwight tonight... that charge to get him his 2nd was VIOLENT man... the thud of Collins hitting the floor was palpable...

I'm still buzzing, was anyone else at the game?

Big win tonight, very encouraging, and I've been hyper-critical at points, but it's cause I love this team and REALLY want to see them do well; tonight was the 17th home game I've attended this season (my 19th total on the season; 20th if you count pre-season)... I love the Hawks; they frustrate the hell out of me, but they're Atlanta's team and this is home.

Keep playing like we did tonight, don't let up, make a statement...

Let's Go Hawks.

Edited by Devon
  • Like 1

Yeah man... It was a cool experience. I've said it once but Dwight Howard is a GINORMOUS human being.... His biceps are like the size of my head; if he's 6'11" then Al is 6'9" cuz Dwight has 2" in height and probably 25 pounds on Al; Collins played a surprisingly good game on Dwight tonight... that charge to get him his 2nd was VIOLENT man... the thud of Collins hitting the floor was palpable...

I'm still buzzing, was anyone else at the game?

Big win tonight, very encouraging, and I've been hyper-critical at points, but it's cause I love this team and REALLY want to see them do well; tonight was the 17th home game I've attended this season (my 19th total on the season; 20th if you count pre-season)... I love the Hawks; they frustrate the hell out of me, but they're Atlanta's team and this is home.

Keep playing like we did tonight, don't let up, make a statement...

Let's Go Hawks.

I was there, and biting my nails the whole time hoping we didn't blow the lead, it was great to see Atlanta fans show up for this one on a Wednesday night, the building was electric.

So i get a call from my friend at 4:30 saying he got some tickets to the Hawks game against the Magic, and while they were nosebleeders we could probably move down... Regardless, I'd been to 16 home games this season and am always down to go to Phillips so i was in.

Well, after horrible weather/traffic I arrive at Phillips, meet up with my buddy at CNN Center and we go in...

We tried to get a table at Taco Mac but the wait was 45 minutes so we decided to try our luck with the food in our section; up the escalators we go.

(Now keep in mind I'm wearing my white Al Horford jersey with a grey Retro Hawks' hat) as we get to the top of the escalator and turn left towards our section I hear a voice say "excuse me, Grey hat, White Horford Jersey" so I turn around and meet Von (the Hawks' gameday promo coordinator, very nice guy)....

He asks us for our tickets and then informs us that we've been selected as the Aaron's Seat Upgrade "Fan of the Game" and we get to sit basically courtside in a full recliner with wait service at our seat....

HA HA that's so funny because I think I saw you in T.V. I was like who is that guy wearing that all white horford jersey? That was the first time I have ever seen that. that's cool man.

Awesome !

It pays to wear your Hawks gear to games. Whenever there is a give away or promotion its always a guy loaded up with Hawks gear who wins. I was with JackB1 at a game a couple of years ago. Jack had on his Hawks hat and his Horford jersey. Next thing we know we are on the jumbo-tron and the loud speaker announces Jack is the fan of the game and won an I-Pod. Good thing they did not ask us for our tickets b/c it was the 4th quarter and we had moved down from the 200's to the 100's.