• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Fire his Drew Already!

frankthetank966

I'm so tired of being embarrassed night in and night out on our home court. Drew has no control with this team and no gameplan. He has no clue what he is doing.

Hubbie Brown, exposes all the issues with this team on National television basically saying we've only made it this far by luck. Drew isn't utilizing his roster, he is afraid to play Teague and can't draw up an offense or defense. Get rid of the fool already!

• Like 1

Oh wow, there's like a where's waldo... (aka where's tyronnne lue... on the bench of the celtics in a suit)

Funny reading these early overreating posts. We are now 10 secs from a win!

The key reason we won IMHO was b/c the Celtics ran out of energy half way through the 3rd. The Celtics had a game in SAS last night and obviously got outworked by the Hawks late in the 3rd and 4th. They just didn't have enough energy to keep up with us being physical.

Edited by frankthetank966

Oh wow, there's like a where's waldo... (aka where's tyronnne lue... on the bench of the celtics in a suit)

The key reason we won IMHO was b/c the Celtics ran out of energy half way through the 3rd. The Celtics had a game in SAS last night and obviously got outworked by the Hawks late in the 3rd and 4th. They just didn't have enough energy to keep up with us being physical.

We won because we outworked them on the glass when we went big. I'm sure their fatigue had a lot to do with it as well but even with them being fatigued they would have beaten us had we continued to play like we did in the 3rd quarter.

Big props to LD for making the right adjustment tonight! Benching Smoove for the 4th took some major balls ... and even some big ups for Smoove and Marvin cheering the guys on from the bench.

• Like 1

Big props to LD for making the right adjustment tonight! Benching Smoove for the 4th took some major balls ...

what the hell does Drew have to fear from Josh to bench him? Takes less than 1/3 of a brain to bench a guy if he's playing as bad as josh played.

what the hell does Drew have to fear from Josh to bench him? Takes less than 1/3 of a brain to bench a guy if he's playing as bad as josh played.

Are you not aware of how much of an impact Josh's attitude has on this team?? Josh could have easily pouted and ruined the team chemistry on the bench if he felt slighted but he was very mature about it and looked like a very positive influence on the bench.

Team chemistry (not that there's much) is also ruined if Josh is out there playing like an idiot jacking shot after shot and the coach not doing anything about it. Remember when the players said Woody showed too much favoritism? It's the same thing in this case. LD did the right thing, but it's nothing to gasp about by the way Josh was struggling. Let's not act like it didn't take him 70+ games to bench Josh when he's playing like this.

Are you not aware of how much of an impact Josh's attitude has on this team?? Josh could have easily pouted and ruined the team chemistry on the bench if he felt slighted but he was very mature about it and looked like a very positive influence on the bench.

That is why he was sitting on the bench.... His attitude on the court clearly has more of an impact than his attitude on the bench. When a guy pouts on the bench how much can it really effect the chemistry of the guys on the floor....

We won because we outworked them on the glass when we went big. I'm sure their fatigue had a lot to do with it as well but even with them being fatigued they would have beaten us had we continued to play like we did in the 3rd quarter. Big props to LD for making the right adjustment tonight! Benching Smoove for the 4th took some major balls ... and even some big ups for Smoove and Marvin cheering the guys on from the bench.

Yes I like how they were cheering on the bench... That was great to see.

I agree, he is the coach and needs to be more authoritative.

Well I dont think you 100% right, Smoove was clearly not on tonight. His shot was off and he wasn't focused. He should realize that even the best players have bad games. He had carried the team the previous games and was just off. Good attitude adjustment for him.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Smoove has a bad game, we beat one of the top teams in the east for our 4th consecutive wins and 90% of the posts are about Smoove being terrible, Smoove being a cancer, Smoove being dumb, LD having no spine. Geez.

Great win. Celtics will remember.

• Premium Member

I'm on the fence with Drew after having been one of only a few supporters when he got the job as I recall.

I disagree with those who try to make the case that Drew doesn't know what he's doing. He's been planning what he would be doing for 18 years or so. It was apparent to me that players here and in other places that he worked had a high regard for him. I think he is altogether competent as a coach.

On the other hand, the blowout phenomenon of this year suggests to me that this team just quits on him (and each other) at times.

I'm not a proponent of blowing up the team. There is sufficient talent on this team to do a whole lot more than has been evident (especially than has been evident the last 2-3 weeks).

The path to advancement as I see it is premised on two things, one of them rather easily done, the other much more complicated.

First, the complicated... a change of ownership so that we can expand the salary budget to obtain extra pieces.

But in the meantime, it's easier to turnover the coaching staff than it is the roster. The fact is that what this team mainly lacks is a coach that absolutely positively commands respect from every player (and at the same time, important to remember, that's something that about 90% of NBA teams lack)

So, depending on the results of this post-season, if less than successful, I think you have to be ready to change coaches if one of the elite coaches--one of the handful who practically everyone acknowledges is legendary or who appears to be on a path to legendary status--become available.

For us, that list is probably as short as Doc Rivers since you aren't going to bring a Pat Riley or a Phil Jackson here.

And there is one third looming factor that will ultimately have its effect on everyone--the new CBA. Depending on what its shape and form turns out to be, we may find ourselves in either a much better or much worse situation than our competition.

Only if all three of those fail--ie, there is no serious new ownership prospects, there is no elite head coach available, and the CBA does nothing that clearly improves our position--am I in favor of the roster blow-up option.

• Like 1

Drew's poor coaching really stuck out last night. As we were in crunch time he woudl consistently call time outs and we would never run a play after. For instance, we came out of a time out and Jamal got double teamed and had to throw up a 3. Teague was taking the ball up the court as we trailed by 3 in the final seconds of the game. That made no sense with JJ and JC on the floor. What is going on in this guys head?

My guess is that Teague didn't follow the plan, he was probably supposed to pass the ball after advancing it. Hinrich would have more chance to make the shot in case no one's open anyway.

• Premium Member

Not sure that's a fair appraisal... someone got their hand on the ball as Teague was bringing the ball up in traffic, and by the time he ran it down, he had no time to look for Joe, who indeed was camped out at the other side of the court, evidently ready to be on the receiving end of a Teague pass that just wasn't to be.

They didn't lose the game in the last 3 seconds... they lost the game in the preceding 5 minutes when they just stopped playing effective defense... eg, can't let Scola take a wide-open gimme from 12 feet straight-on.

Not sure that's a fair appraisal... someone got their hand on the ball as Teague was bringing the ball up in traffic, and by the time he ran it down, he had no time to look for Joe, who indeed was camped out at the other side of the court, evidently ready to be on the receiving end of a Teague pass that just wasn't to be.

They didn't lose the game in the last 3 seconds... they lost the game in the preceding 5 minutes when they just stopped playing effective defense... eg, can't let Scola take a wide-open gimme from 12 feet straight-on.

True but the last 5 minutes LD couldnt draw up a play even after several time outs.

• Premium Member

In the last 5 minutes, Drew called 3 timeouts. One was followed by a HOU possession. Of the other two, Crawford took a 3 pt and missed, and Smoove converted a baby hook.

In the last 5 minutes of the game, HOU had 12 possessions if I counted correctly. They scored on 8 of those.

That's unacceptable. And that's why we lost.

Be critical of a head coach, but then again, be accurate when you do so.

Edited by sturt
  • Like 2