• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My thoughts..

MVP23

Last year I said the way to beat Orlando was to simply play Dwight straight up and let him beat you in the post. We, however, tried to double and even triple team him at times, and got KILLED on the break, and from the three. Dwight Howard still has no post move. He still has no back to the basket game. He still can't shoot. Stick Collins on him, and let Dwight beat us. I refuse to get killed by punk *ss Jameer Nelson again. That being said, I think we have a decent shot. My expectations aren't that high though. Why should they be? I didn't watch the last 2 weeks of Hawk basketball because I saw this coming. I knew Drew would rest people, and we would beat owned by teams like the Bobcats. The 07-08 team was better than this. More exciting, and they actually cared. Hopefully these guys can prove me wrong. I hope so. Like KG said........ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leggo

• Like 1

Thats a point that I always try to bring up. Dwight Howard isn't as offensively gifted as Ewing, Olajawon, Robinson, or Shaq. He isn't going to drop 30 on anyone too funny. I never understood why we didn't just play him straight up.

I guess your partly right since he didn't drop the entire 31 1st half points against any ONE person ... but yeah kinda ironic that he dropped 31 in the 1st half of this game after your statement LOL. Still though I'm perfectly happy with this strategy as long as we can hold their other players in check.

• Premium Member

LD reads Hawksqawk.

...or he just watched how the Celtics beat the Magic last year by letting Dwight get his and shutting down his teammates.

He put in most of his work on scrubby ET and Josh Powell, who has no business checking him (although I thought JP put up a valiant fight and kept him away from the cup for the most part).

Twin and Zaza had him frustrated; further, Twin had him on click-clack.

Our problem last year was Bibby with Nelson. Nelson would create for others and score at will and take our defenders out of position. Hinrich is a very good defender so that's not an issue anymore unless he's out the game.