• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rick Adelman FIRED!

Joker

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Absolutely a zero percent chance Larry Drew gets fired if we beat Orlando in the first round. Zero. A first year head coach, one year in, beats the team that beat us in record fashion a year ago. Then we fire him?? Not gonna happen, nor should it.

• Moderators

That's probably right but if we have an historic flame out again in the second round there's a chance he's fired. A lot still depends on the ownership situation (how many years have we been saying that?) I'm feeling like there is a sale coming and the new guys will probably clean house.

I'm afraid that beating Orlando (even if only a few games in the series) is like a college coach winning a game against their in-state rival (e.g. GA - GA Tech) : its enough to keep a guy in his job another season. If the Hawks win the series ASG will tell themselves "See it was all Woody's fault. LD turned the team around". I don't think what happens against the Bulls would matter much. Even if they lose against Orlanda, but don't get embarrased, I think LD is safe for another year. I'd bet that had the Hawks just taken Orlando to 6 games last year and had no blowouts, Woody would still be coaching the team.

I don't care if LD beats Orlando cuz they aren't as good as they were, that team is weak. It's not the same team that beat us .

Adelman is exactly what we need, a run & gun coach for a run & gun capable team. Experienced with a pair to tell the players "my way or the high way".

Have to hire him if you can. But with the ASG operating on a small coaching budget (smallest in the league) I do not see them doing it. Someone posted that maybe we use Adleman as GM and coach. I would give him control of the team if it was me.

He is a great coach, I would say a top ten active coach easily. Houston overachieved IMO. Them losing Yao and TMac to constant injuries is no different than if we lost JJ and Horf or Smoove ( Two of our top three ) in the same manner. Yet he kept them afloat every season in the tough western conference.

Give him the reigns and call it a day.

• Moderators

Adelman's agent already called the Hawks before and the ASG didn't want to pay him. I would hire him in a heartbeat if it was my call. He has shown time and time again to be one of the game's best coaches.

Agreed. Go get him if you can. It is better money spent than on Etan Thomas and Pape Sy.