• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which Was Your Favorite?

IHeartAtlanta

Gotta go with Jamal.

His shot sealed a win, Joe's shot happened mid 4th quarter,

and he didnt and really cross Powe up

. At the right angel, you can see that Powe fell because JJ stepped on his foot.

overall, Jamal's shot is great because it helped win the game,

while Joe's shot is mostly great because of his reaction , combined with the crowd reaction.

Edited by pimp

Joe's moment was better in my opinion. Jamal's shot was at a bigger spot in the game, but the Joe shot had so many factors working for it:

We were irrelevant for so long.

We were playing the best team in the NBA.

Nobody gave us a chance.

We had been blown out twice in that series and the consensus was that Boston had relaxed and had not put forth their best effort. They needed that game if the series was going to be over quickly, and nearly everyone outside ATL expected them to get it.

We had been down by something like ten points at the beginning of the 4th, if memory serves, and it felt like the game was slipping away to the better team.

That shot was the culmination of the comeback, and the realization that yes, this is happening. People really started to believe we had a chance to pull off the upset after that game. That series really was about "shocking the world" and it was our NBA Finals.

Finally, for some reason the Celtics of 2008 were just way more hateable than the Magic of 2011. For one, you have the whole North/South dynamic and the obnoxius Bean Town fan base/ESPN salivating over their every move, KG yelling at every dead ball and Paul Pierce flailing his arms on every drive, and the general consensus that the Celtics had pulled off a Yankees/Heat-esque hoarding of formerly number 1 guys. There was also much skepticism around the Garnett trade and the Ainge/McHale relationship.

The Magic, conversely, seem to be aging and dropping parts before our eyes (J-Rich, Arenas, Q-Rich, and Turk, -- who is a shadow of his form of a couple years ago) and Stan Van Gundy is just funny. The only things hateable about them are Jameerkat and his mouth and D-Howard's obnoxious smile after every call he doesn't like, even though he sets about 100 moving screens a game that would make any O-Line coach proud. Orlando the city is notable for its corporate theme land aimed at children/families and not much else -- I'm pretty much nonplussed/apathetic about their fanbase.

Jamal's shot was in game 3 of a 4/5 matchup. The pressure was on us to win. Even though we are underdogs, we are at least expected to be competitive with the Magic.

Finally, don't see how Powe falling detracts from the value of that moment. Jamal's was shot banked in from 25 feet, for cryin' out loud. :rolleyes:

Joe's shot remains the defining moment of the new millennium for me as a Hawks fan.

• Like 4

I was at both games. Gotta go with Joe definitely. That was a clutch shot by Jamal, but these teams are pretty equally matched. Joe's shot was during a time when 99% of the media didn't think we deserved to be in the playoffs at all and it was against the best team in the league. This is a 4-5 match in which we have already stolen home court. Joe's was a 1-8 match up in which we shouldn't have even won a game (according to the rest of the world).

And beyond that, I personally hated the Celtics during that series. I don't hate the Magic. Hell, I couldn't say that I even dislike the Magic. They are just a team we are playing in the playoffs (a la the Bucks). But the Celtics, I hated the Celtics. That series against the Celtics was like our rite of passage as a team going from the 13 win scrub team to a team that has to be taken serious.

I love both moments, but Joe's definitely takes the cake for me.

Joe by far....I yelled when Craw hit that shot but I literally went PSYCHO when Joe hit his. Like other have said that series just meant so much to the hawks and me as a fan...still greatest moment I've ever had as a Hawks fan but this series is definitely giving me some great moments. Loving it

• Moderators

Anybody enjoyed Craw's regular season buzzer beater against Phx more? I probably do since it was a needed lift, was a "wiser" shot, actually won the game, and was on ESPN. But it's great to have multiple clutch JC moments to pick from.

~lw3

Anybody enjoyed Craw's regular season buzzer beater against Phx more? I probably do since it was a needed lift, was a "wiser" shot, actually won the game, and was on ESPN. But it's great to have multiple clutch JC moments to pick from.

~lw3

I was in Vegas for a bachelor party when Jamal hit that shot. We just happened to about to leave a bar for dinner when we caught the last minute or so of that game. That shot was sick!! I thought there was no way in hell we could come back at that point and the Hawks pulled it out. I wouldn't rank it with the Jamal shot last night or the Joe shot against the Celtics since it was a regular season game. The bigger picture is that those shots affected a whole playoff series whereas the Phoenix shot affected one game. But, I would put that shot in the top 10 of the past few years.

Felt as though they are an unfair comparison, I thought the thread was about the Jamal crossover layup and 1 on Jameer when I first opened it. In this instance I still give it to Joe because that pose at the end of the crossover had swag written all over it. It wasn't a mad scramble and desperation heave, Joseph was under control and cool the entire way.

• Like 1

my vote is for joe's shot. that shot was just beautiful and he held that hand up knowing it was going in the whole time. watching the game, i knew it was going in as soon as he shot it. still probably my favorite shot ever.

jamal's shot was great and all, but there was a definitely a little luck involved and i hated every second of it until it went in.

I said jamals although I thought Joes had more flair .

The reason I said jamals is because while Joes shot had more flair it was more of a indicator that we arent gonna lay down whereas jamals shot is a giant sign that says we are here to win .

• Like 1