• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kirk Hinrich

PaceRam

I caught the tail end of it but I thought I heard one of the TV announcers mention how he thought Kirk Hinrich was a huge addition to the Hawks at the end of the season. I thought he mentioned something about how he thinks Hinrich really does a good job directing the team when he is in the game. I was only able to see part of the game but he (Hinrich) did look good for the part I did get to see. I was very glad to see the Hawks obtain HInrich but I will admit that I thought they gave up too much for him but maybe I was wrong.

• Premium Member

I caught the tail end of it but I thought I heard one of the TV announcers mention how he thought Kirk Hinrich was a huge addition to the Hawks at the end of the season. I thought he mentioned something about how he thinks Hinrich really does a good job directing the team when he is in the game. I was only able to see part of the game but he (Hinrich) did look good for the part I did get to see. I was very glad to see the Hawks obtain HInrich but I will admit that I thought they gave up too much for him but maybe I was wrong.

I'm satisfied with the trade, but there's no way we didn't give up too much for him... had Sund known that Bibby was so willing to be bought-out, I don't think WAS would have been able to expect the 1st rounder... but I've always maintained that Grunfeld made the trade for JC2, and the rest of it was Bibby as filler and the 1st rounder as compensation for taking Bibby's contract.

Anxious to see what Hinrich brings next year with some experience in Drew's offense.

• Like 1

• Admin

The biggest thing is his defense. We no longer have to hide Bibby and force the team to play 4 on 5 on d. The other guys can concentrate on their own man and not have to worry about making up for the matador d at point guard. That has been invaluable

• Like 2

I still feel we gave up too much in the trade. Only winning an NBA Title will change my mind about that. If the Hawks can win this series. Then the trade start looking better on our end.

When Kirk did come to us he was playing very well. Then he sat out that game vs the Nuggets with a calf injury. No one has mention it since he cameback. I have wonder if that injury was a problem for him?

I still feel we gave up too much in the trade. Only winning an NBA Title will change my mind about that. If the Hawks can win this series. Then the trade start looking better on our end.

When Kirk did come to us he was playing very well. Then he sat out that game vs the Nuggets with a calf injury. No one has mention it since he cameback. I have wonder if that injury was a problem for him?

I think this is too unrealistic. Bibby is not really a PG, but a small guard that shoots three's. This move helps us SO MUCH defensively, and it can help us mature down the road into a real offense. But to say if we're not in the Finals by next year it's a bad deal is crazy.

We gave up a bloated contract, Mo Evans (wasted player who cost way too much), "he who's name shall not be mentioned" (no place on our team with little value elsewhere), and a late 1st round pick. People need to stop acting like we traded Dominique Wilkins and a lottery pick.

Also, we might say that Bibby's contract is only for this year now, but he would not have changed his contract for us because we were a contender.

This move was big in helping us in 2012...

I'm a big fan of this deal.

Edited by ryandauwalker

Tell you what, Kirk is acting like a pro in the playoffs. I think his offensive stutters in the last month of the reg. season were from the rest of the team playing with so little focus and heart. Clearly a guy that is meant to hang in an elite team with players with a high IQ (not saying that this is us, but much better for him than a team like the Wiz - pretty much the opposite of JC2's most effective setting). I wasn't at the game but I could tell from the broadcast that the crowd has accepted him, and had gratitude for his effort. Almost seemed he may get the Al treatment, like when he missed shots, the crowd was like 'shucks, next time kirk!', versus some josh/craw/joe misses, where it's 'I told you so/let someone else shoot/terrible shot man.' It looks like him and Josh are passing each other the ball like normal teammates too. I look forward to him staying with the team.

Edited by atlguitar

We are darn lucky to have him, he and Al are the only guys in our starting lineup who are actually both effective and careful about the shots that they take. I hope Kirk retires a Hawk but if he does go on another team, I could see him as a perfect fit on a team like the Lakers.