• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We are going to miss the Kirk-Jamal-Joe line up down the stretch

AnthonyI11

I really think this injury is gonna kill us not only defensively, but offensively as well. The closing line up of Kirk-Jamal-and Joe spread the court and we had 3 players who are capable of creating and hitting big shots.. Now Marvin's role in late game situations will probably become very important. I assume we will close with Jamal-Joe-Marv-Josh-Al. I don't know about you guys, but I am not a huge fan of Jamal at the point, I just don't think it works. He can create very good for himself, but i'd rather have him being set up by off screens for catch and shoot opportunities. The balls stays still when Jamal and Joe play the point.

A big question I have is about the Rose situation. I do NOT want Jamal guarding him. I suppose Teague will start and guard him, but Teague won't be in the game late in the 4th. Do you think we should try Joe on him? Maybe Damien Wilkins? This situation really confuses me with only one point guard on the team now. Larry Drew has some big decisions to make.

Thoughts?

Edited by AnthonyI11

I really think this injury is gonna kill us not only defensively, but offensively as well. The closing line up of Kirk-Jamal-and Joe spread the court and we had 3 players who are capable of creating and hitting big shots.. Now Marvin's role in late game situations will probably become very important. I assume we will close with Jamal-Joe-Marv-Josh-Al. I don't know about you guys, but I am not a huge fan of Jamal at the point, I just don't think it works. He can create very good for himself, but i'd rather have him being set up by off screens for catch and shoot opportunities. The balls stays still when Jamal and Joe play the point.

A big question I have is about the Rose situation. I do NOT want Jamal guarding him. I suppose Teague will start and guard him, but Teague won't be in the game late in the 4th. Do you think we should try Joe on him? Maybe Damien Wilkins? This situation really confuses me with only one point guard on the team now. Larry Drew has some big decisions to make.

Thoughts?

last time we beat the Bulls who was at point ?

what was he doing ?

dropping dimes to Al and Marvin to close out the game

Our most consistent offensive play is a Jamal/Al pick and roll.

To be honest we need to stop trying to wish it away and do what needs to be done .

Jamal has risen to ever challenge presented to him and so we shouldnt be ignoring the 25 ton Gorilla in the room .

We are gonna have to ask jamal to play some defense

now when everyone stops laughing and thinks about it they will come to the same conclusion .

We dont need him to turn into GP over night we just need him to play the best basketball of his career for the next two weeks .

Its not about Teague lol people going there are simply afraid to face reality

Its not about Teague ,Joe or Damien its about Jamal Crawford accepting the challenge of Derrick Rose.

Thoughts?

There is always Pape Sy. He is listed as a PG, and I figure that there is no harm in trying him out. When Teague needs a break, instead of moving Jamal or Joe to the point, we should put Pape Sy in.

There is always Pape Sy. He is listed as a PG, and I figure that there is no harm in trying him out. When Teague needs a break, instead of moving Jamal or Joe to the point, we should put Pape Sy in.

LOL seriously though why not? I mean I wouldn't be any more nervous with Pape Sy on the court than Jeff Teague (well at least on the defensive end)

He could be our change of pace guy to defend a la Paul George. But only when Teague needs a breather though. We can't have Pape Sy running the point for an extended period of time

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

If we use Pape or Teague in this series, and find a way to beat the Bulls, and then somehow find a way to win a championship, people will be looking at this team in the history books like "wtf!?!?". Depending on Jason Collins to hold Dwight in the first round, and Pape Sy and Jeff Teague to hold Derrick Rose? What's next for us? Getting Magnum Rolle to hold Dirk in the finals?!

AHHHHHH, Your 2011 NBA Champion Atlanta Hawks, The team who beat you with players the announcers haven't even heard of...

• Like 1

Jamal is going to play the point, IMO 20+ minutes if Kirk is out. It just all depends if he's making shots. He needs to offset his defense with his offense, obviously. He can't get big minutes guarding Rose if he's not making shots.

• Premium Member

We're definitely going to miss Kirk's simple offense.

But, I wouldn't put all the weight on Craw.

I have a very simple thought for our defense.

Use the same tactic we used on Dwight....

Let Rose have his monster games but cut off everybody else.

We don't have one defender suitable to stop Rose from Scoring, but we can certainly stop everybody else.

There's a simple Psychology and Philosophy to this that never fails. The rest of the team quits. Rose is not going to score 100 4 times in a row.

But defensively, the Hawks have to cut off passing lanes. Keep the ball in Rose's hands. And use Teague, Wilkins, and Sy's fouls wisely. Lenny Wilkins would be great here. His defenses use to funnel PGs to Deke. His teams knew how to cut off passing lanes so that the PGs ended up having to score over the best shot blocker in the game. The only way to beat that Hawks team was to shoot over it or to get the refs to help you get to the foul line. Well, that's what we need. Matchup Teague, Wilkins, and Sy one on one with Rose. Cut off his passing lanes with a man defense. Make Rose beat us.

• Admin

Jamal will be find guardin rose....this is what jamal wants a big stage to shine on so his time is now

Besides rose or whoever better be ready for jamal.....

Jamal is excellent at getting his points but get real...he is a terrible defender. Whenever he is on the floor he will be guarding the Bulls sg.

We're definitely going to miss Kirk's simple offense.

But, I wouldn't put all the weight on Craw.

I have a very simple thought for our defense.

Use the same tactic we used on Dwight....

Let Rose have his monster games but cut off everybody else.

We don't have one defender suitable to stop Rose from Scoring, but we can certainly stop everybody else.

There's a simple Psychology and Philosophy to this that never fails. The rest of the team quits. Rose is not going to score 100 4 times in a row.

But defensively, the Hawks have to cut off passing lanes. Keep the ball in Rose's hands. And use Teague, Wilkins, and Sy's fouls wisely. Lenny Wilkins would be great here. His defenses use to funnel PGs to Deke. His teams knew how to cut off passing lanes so that the PGs ended up having to score over the best shot blocker in the game. The only way to beat that Hawks team was to shoot over it or to get the refs to help you get to the foul line. Well, that's what we need. Matchup Teague, Wilkins, and Sy one on one with Rose. Cut off his passing lanes with a man defense. Make Rose beat us.

that strategy wont work

The Magic perimeter players confidence came from them making threes so we took away easy three point shots by not doubling Dwight

The Bulls players confidence comes from Derrick Rose and his ability to control the tempo of the game .

You dont want him to get going that only feeds the confidence of the rest of the team

You want to make the others make plays and when they cant it will cause Rose to press harder which in turn will increase the pressure on everyone on the team who has never made it this far before.

When we came back to win what happened ? Rose's shots stopped falling and as the rest of the Bulls was being forced to make plays and couldnt the pressure on Rose to make plays got greater and it played right into our hands.

You have to look at how the Bulls win games

Rose basically keeps his team in it and then at the end of the game opponents decide we have to get it out of his hands and then he makes one pass and a Korver or Bogans or Deng makes ONE shots at the right time.

What you want to do is increase the pressure on them to make shots throughout the whole game

bullsstats.png

With Boozer ailing its even more important in game one that we force other Bulls to make shots and be ready to play . They have had time off they havent been past he first rd as a group before so you catch these guys mentally unprepared to be big contributors.

Look at the 3 pt shooting

Let Rose shoot his jumper

Close out on Deng and Korver HARD

everyone else ...good luck if you can make 8+ shots in game shake there hands and walk off

no one on that team besides Rose,Boozer,Deng,Korver can make shots consistently

You take away Roses attempts and his league gifted free throws attempts and now Boozer who is hurting needs to step up and make more shots and Deng and Korver .

You have to look at how how the Bulls have to play to win and then take them out of that comfort zone.

• Premium Member

that strategy wont work

The Magic perimeter players confidence came from them making threes so we took away easy three point shots by not doubling Dwight

The Bulls players confidence comes from Derrick Rose and his ability to control the tempo of the game .

You dont want him to get going that only feeds the confidence of the rest of the team

You want to make the others make plays and when they cant it will cause Rose to press harder which in turn will increase the pressure on everyone on the team who has never made it this far before.

When we came back to win what happened ? Rose's shots stopped falling and as the rest of the Bulls was being forced to make plays and couldnt the pressure on Rose to make plays got greater and it played right into our hands.

You have to look at how the Bulls win games

Rose basically keeps his team in it and then at the end of the game opponents decide we have to get it out of his hands and then he makes one pass and a Korver or Bogans or Deng makes ONE shots at the right time.

What you want to do is increase the pressure on them to make shots throughout the whole game

bullsstats.png

With Boozer ailing its even more important in game one that we force other Bulls to make shots and be ready to play . They have had time off they havent been past he first rd as a group before so you catch these guys mentally unprepared to be big contributors.

Look at the 3 pt shooting

Let Rose shoot his jumper

Close out on Deng and Korver HARD

everyone else ...good luck if you can make 8+ shots in game shake there hands and walk off

no one on that team besides Rose,Boozer,Deng,Korver can make shots consistently

You take away Roses attempts and his league gifted free throws attempts and now Boozer who is hurting needs to step up and make more shots and Deng and Korver .

You have to look at how how the Bulls have to play to win and then take them out of that comfort zone.

What you have a recipe for is Hawks in foul trouble (especially our bigs) and Rose at the FT. We can't contain him to make him pass off. What we should do is cut off the options. This worked well on Jordan too. Cut off the passing lanes then when it's late in the game, double him. Cold shooters don't score.