• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone else think this is the series where Teague turns the corner?

Admin

I hate that Hinrich is hurt and won't be able to play in this series but I love that Teague appears to be the starting PG for us and I just have this odd feeling, much like my possum feeling going into the playoffs, that Teague is going to have a tremendous series and will prove that he's the future of the team at PG. I don't expect him to put up big scoring or assist numbers or even to shut Rose down but I do expect that he'll help keep up or even improve our team defense and we'll also score a lot more in transition, which is very important against a tremendous positional defensive team such as the Bulls.

Come on Hawks lets shock the world like the Grizz are doing out West. :superman:

• Like 3

I have the same feeling. Teague is a baller. I hope LD gives him freedom out there and doesnt replace him so quickly. No Dwight so i dont see why Teague cant take it to the hole and make D Rose work on both ends of the court.

Yeah,, I was thinking/hoping that Teague can break out. I could see him getting huge blocks, playing good defense, and maybe even his shot falls. Who knows, a big game like this could bring out the baller in Teague. Wish him the best. Go Hawks!

I find it with Teague that I'm confident I'm right about his abilities but would gladly eat 4 heapings of crow if he proves me wrong. I'm having trouble remembering any Guards that absolutely came on to the NBA scene in the postseason though. We all can remember the Jerome James' and even Trevor Arizas but I can't think of a guard that just blew up and helped his team to a series win.

I feel like this Hinrich injury may be a blessing in disguise. Teague will show the league how good he is.

Directly helps us by beating the bulls and indirectly helps us because it will significantly raise his trade value thus giving us a greater chance of trading for CP3/D12

I find it with Teague that I'm confident I'm right about his abilities but would gladly eat 4 heapings of crow if he proves me wrong. I'm having trouble remembering any Guards that absolutely came on to the NBA scene in the postseason though. We all can remember the Jerome James' and even Trevor Arizas but I can't think of a guard that just blew up and helped his team to a series win.

There aren't many examples that come to mind with my bad memory but I seem to remember T-Lue being a player that stepped up in a huge way in the championship series against Iverson. I don't remember much about T-Lue before that but he made a name for himself in that series. Hopefully Teague can do the same!

How do you have a +55 reputation rating?

I call it like I see it and I usually see the good in all things hawks but somethings just cannot be glossed over .

Marvin should never start for us again no matter what hes simply has shown us all that hes a bench player yet we keep forcing him into roles that he cannot possibly fulfill

We are playing the best rebounding team in the league and we decide to go small and go back to what has not worked in a long time the Al,Josh,Marvin frontline .

Teague is not ready hes not even on the street so there is no way he can turn the corner . BUT if you have to go to him right now you surely dont go back to the no energy complacent frontline that we know is finished.

Id rather have us big on that frontline so offensively we can set some good screens from anywhere and Teague can use that quickness to dart into the lane from around them.

I just feel that when you are playing a good team like the Bulls you dont throw out a bunch of "IFs " and these changes + Josh = a bunch of Ifs

• Like 1

I call it like I see it and I usually see the good in all things hawks but somethings just cannot be glossed over .

Marvin should never start for us again no matter what hes simply has shown us all that hes a bench player yet we keep forcing him into roles that he cannot possibly fulfill

We are playing the best rebounding team in the league and we decide to go small and go back to what has not worked in a long time the Al,Josh,Marvin frontline .

Teague is not ready hes not even on the street so there is no way he can turn the corner . BUT if you have to go to him right now you surely dont go back to the no energy complacent frontline that we know is finished.

Id rather have us big on that frontline so offensively we can set some good screens from anywhere and Teague can use that quickness to dart into the lane from around them.

I just feel that when you are playing a good team like the Bulls you dont throw out a bunch of "IFs " and these changes + Josh = a bunch of Ifs

It's not like we're a better rebounding team with Collins in there, who is perhaps the worst rebounding big man in NBA history, or I'd bet damned close to it. I don't remember the stats but back when we first started seeing success with the big lineup it was pointed out that we rebound at about the same rate on both ends with or without the big lineup.

I'll be looking forward to you eating your words about Teague not being able to turn the corner :kingchris:

I hope so, he needs to raise his trade value.

I rather start Teague over Hinrich v. Rose. Teague can defend man to man and most importantly, Rose was killing Hinrich in the last two matchups with the pick and roll.

• Like 1

Why not? The more highlights you watch of Teague the more potential you see in this kid

As an athlete he's not that far behind some of the best this league has to offer at the position. The key for Teague will be if he can learn to knock down that outside shot.

Now that he may get some serious PT, he really may get a chance to show off how good he really can be

I think that's called "wishful thinking."

Well FWIW

Jeff Teague PER 36 minutes

13.5 PPG

5.2 APG

3.8 RPG

1.7 SPG

0.9 BPG

.438 FG%

.375 3P%

.794 FT%

Kirk Hinrich on Hawks PER 36 minutes

10.8 PPG

4.1 APG

2.8 RPG

1.0 SPG

0.4 BPG

.432 FG%

.421 3P%

.667 FT%

Teague has him beat in every category except 3s. Not saying that Teague will have that type of production if he does indeed get that much PT, but hey he does have the potential.

• Premium Member

Collins averaged fewer rebounds per game than Marvin and D12 was setting records with his rebounding stats against Collins in that series. So how does starting Collins improve our rebounding again? :blink:

Collins averaged fewer rebounds per game than Marvin and D12 was setting records with his rebounding stats against Collins in that series. So how does starting Collins improve our rebounding again? :blink:

Dwight Howard is one of the greatest rebounders in NBA history. Joakim Noah isn't going to get all those offensive boards that Howard got on those 2nd chance points he created for himself.

The main thing that helps our rebounding though is not helping on Rose because that's how the Bulls get all those offensive boards from people out of position trying to help on Rose

We dont have to start Collins we can start Zaza and that gives us someone active who wants to be in the paint .

Start Zaza against Noah this gives Al a matchup against Boozer who is hurting and josh now has a matchup against Deng who really is not used to playing post players . In other words give the Bulls something they havent seen and get bigger in the lane . This also allows for better more effective screening across the board for both JJ and Teague

The Bulls play Kurt Thomas at backup center when he comes into the game we now move Al to center and we go the high pick and role instead of trying to have Al post up one on one a great post defender.

When Marvin comes in off the bench he is matched up against Deng who played 40+ mpg in the last series the Bulls backup SF is basically Ronnie Brewer or Korver who Marvin both have advantages against in the post .

• Premium Member

We dont have to start Collins we can start Zaza and that gives us someone active who wants to be in the paint .

Start Zaza against Noah this gives Al a matchup against Boozer who is hurting and josh now has a matchup against Deng who really is not used to playing post players . In other words give the Bulls something they havent seen and get bigger in the lane . This also allows for better more effective screening across the board for both JJ and Teague

The Bulls play Kurt Thomas at backup center when he comes into the game we now move Al to center and we go the high pick and role instead of trying to have Al post up one on one a great post defender.

When Marvin comes in off the bench he is matched up against Deng who played 40+ mpg in the last series the Bulls backup SF is basically Ronnie Brewer or Korver who Marvin both have advantages against in the post .

Sounds reasonable.

i like that plan.