• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's time to go back to the Twin line-up

APE

After watching Omer Asik and Gibson punk first Zaza and then Collins I'm leaning towards saying that this is just a desperation tactic that really has no effect on the court. What we need is better centers or centers that arms can at least reach above their heads or the ability to at least get an inch off the floor when they jump.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

After watching Omer Asik and Gibson punk first Zaza and then Collins I'm leaning towards saying that this is just a desperation tactic that really has no effect on the court. What we need is better centers or centers that arms can at least reach above their heads or the ability to at least get an inch off the floor when they jump.

I know, but it looks like that guy isnt on the roster. I don't know what's happened to our All Star center but he has decided to protest being put back at center for this series by playing the small forward position. Somebody has to be a center(with a spine) at this point. Hilton? Magnum Rolle? Pig Miller???

• Premium Member

I think it's just us reaching.

What we need is better effort from Josh, Horf, and Marvin.

Noah has a motor and he would just outrun Collins.

Also Noah has a tendency to play give and go with Rose because Noah passes well.

For the past 3 years, Horf has owned Noah. Now all the sudden Horf is playing Cissified. Somebody needs to go in an talk to Horf??

Where is Tito??

I think it's just us reaching.

What we need is better effort from Josh, Horf, and Marvin.

Noah has a motor and he would just outrun Collins.

Also Noah has a tendency to play give and go with Rose because Noah passes well.

For the past 3 years, Horf has owned Noah. Now all the sudden Horf is playing Cissified. Somebody needs to go in an talk to Horf??

Where is Tito??

Tito is the one crying to the AJC how his son should be a PF instead of a C.

Collins didn't play much to say that he's not effective in this series.

I've been calling for the Collins lineup since game 1 because I think Collins will do a much better job at boxing guys out then what Smith has been doing.

They need the big lineup to stand a chance unless Joe goes perfect and Jamal goes off again.

Collins didn't play much to say that he's not effective in this series.

I've been calling for the Collins lineup since game 1 because I think Collins will do a much better job at boxing guys out then what Smith has been doing.

They need the big lineup to stand a chance unless Joe goes perfect and Jamal goes off again.

And I've watched every second that Collins has been on the floor and can tell you that other than some fluke jumpers in game 1 he has been useless. His size is useless on the boards because A) he's not mobile enough to even put a body on a guy to boxout B) not agile enough or long enough to get off the floor when a rebound is in his vicinity. Guys are literally going around him or jumping over him and he can't rotate out etc. etc. etc. That's been the number one reason for his lack of minutes now and all season and it's not going to change because he's just a poor matchup against any team that features a mobile frontcourt. Height simply does not equal s*** against the Bulls, they were number 1 all season and just beat a team that sported 7'2" Hibbert to go along with Hansbrough in their frontcourt. People are just trying to hang on to a fallacy because they all have this "in a perfect world, big=rebounds" mentality but at the end of the day our C's just aren't talented enough or our Forwards active enough to really make a dent in a team that has made outhustling and out-techniquing teams their bread and butter all year.

• Like 1

And I've watched every second that Collins has been on the floor and can tell you that other than some fluke jumpers in game 1 he has been useless. His size is useless on the boards because A) he's not mobile enough to even put a body on a guy to boxout B) not agile enough or long enough to get off the floor when a rebound is in his vicinity. Guys are literally going around him or jumping over him and he can't rotate out etc. etc. etc. That's been the number one reason for his lack of minutes now and all season and it's not going to change because he's just a poor matchup against any team that features a mobile frontcourt. Height simply does not equal s*** against the Bulls, they were number 1 all season and just beat a team that sported 7'2" Hibbert to go along with Hansbrough in their frontcourt. People are just trying to hang on to a fallacy because they all have this "in a perfect world, big=rebounds" mentality but at the end of the day our C's just aren't talented enough or our Forwards active enough to really make a dent in a team that has made outhustling and out-techniquing teams their bread and butter all year.

It aint about that at all its about physicality and whether you like it or not we are a more physical team with Collins or Zaza in there .

If the choice is Marvin or Collins/Zaza at this point Im choosing the journeyman centers ever time

It aint about that at all its about physicality and whether you like it or not we are a more physical team with Collins or Zaza in there .

If the choice is Marvin or Collins/Zaza at this point Im choosing the journeyman centers ever time

Please, lets be real here with this Marvin scapegoating. Collins has never been even a rebounder at Marvin's level for a 7footer no less and is therefore not going to develop rebounding instincts and acumen all of a sudden at his age so that is a nonfactor in this argument. Zaza is the only bench big worth a damn on the team and is averaging more fouls than rebounds which is what is limiting his minutes. If you want to complain and say that the rebounding difference is entirely on the head of the guy who is playing not even 24 minutes a game then that's on you but that won't change the fact that we are running a 3guard lineup the rest of the way in games. Grasp at whatever straws though.

Please, lets be real here with this Marvin scapegoating. Collins has never been even a rebounder at Marvin's level for a 7footer no less and is therefore not going to develop rebounding instincts and acumen all of a sudden at his age so that is a nonfactor in this argument. Zaza is the only bench big worth a damn on the team and is averaging more fouls than rebounds which is what is limiting his minutes. If you want to complain and say that the rebounding difference is entirely on the head of the guy who is playing not even 24 minutes a game then that's on you but that won't change the fact that we are running a 3guard lineup the rest of the way in games. Grasp at whatever straws though.

again you still dont get it .

I said nothing about REBOUNDING I said physicality stumbling bumbling idiot Marvin doesnt give us that . We have no one in that frontline willing to throw there weight round in any form or hammer someone when they cone down the lane . We have no presence at all it aint about individual numbers numbers just as it wasnt about numbers in the orlando series.

But in that Orlando series we either won the rebounding edge or was within a few rebounds of it in nearly every game.

We are getting clobbered because there is no physicality at all and Marvin no matter how much you are trying to talk him up is bring nothing at all and should be never start again for this team again .

But physicality aint always about the laying on of the hands though its about the instilling the belief that you will. The Bulls dont buy for one second that Marvin,Al,or Josh will take a hard foul and they play like it . I guarantee you that they know that Collins or Zaza will deliver one .

This team is doing the same thing to Rose that they used to do to Dwight sit around and marvel at his greatness instead of making sure they hammer him everytime they had to foul. If you watch Rose hes smiling on every little drive into the lane because hes not being touched at all.

Once you give them something to think about well they wont be as quick to the ball and Rose wont be so carefree on his drives .

Collins is always going to do the little things right. He'll take charges, battle for rebounds (he might not get much), and take up space. Marvin won't give you any of that. The best thing Marvin does is hit a jump-shot with his foot on the line, every once in a while.

I think a young guy like horford should do better against noah than a slower jason collins. All the offensive boards are just coming from hustle and working harder.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind a lineup change with al at the 4 and even josh coming off the bench. I'd rather not start josh at the 3.