• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Heard on ESPN (TV)

y2kenta

No way you give up Josh Smith for Dalembert, that's a joke trade. Dalembert and Udrih for Zaza and Hinrich makes sense for both teams though. The Kings will probably take a PG if one Knight, Walker, or Irving is available when they pick and they will not be a huge fan of Udrih's contract going forward. As he will have 2 more years to Hinrich's expiring and Zaza would be a cheaper backup than Dalembert for the Kings. It makes sense for both clubs.

I feel pretty strongly that both marvin and josh are poor fits for this team and neither seem to play very hard or smart except for a handful of games each season.

Obviously josh and marvin are the better physical specimens and have more potential, but they aren't going to reach that potential with the hawks. I'd rather see what we could do with a real shot blocking 7' center and al at the 4 for a full season. I'd be much more excited about that lineup than the same inconsistent lineup we've been putting out there the last few years.

Not straight up, but I'd take dalembert, casspi, and a pick for josh and marvin.

Guess Rick Sund isn't really that bad after all.

If we got the Kings lottery pick then we'd absolutely have to consider that deal since we're over the cap and have limited options to improve the talent base on this team and a great way to do that and maybe get lucky is with lottery picks. If we got the 7th pick that the Kings hold and somehow Brandon Knight were still on the board he'd be an absolute steal for us and 100% worth trading Smith for. Combine him with Teague and we'd have tremendous defense from our PGs and it wouldn't be long before Knight became the starter as that kid is destined for being a Rondo type of All-Star.

That trade, whether you like it or not, can't be done by my understanding. Since Dally is a restricted FA, he'd have to come here via S&T. Am I wrong in my understanding that you can't S&T a player in combination with another player and/or draft picks?

That trade, whether you like it or not, can't be done by my understanding. Since Dally is a restricted FA, he'd have to come here via S&T.

Unless this article is wrong then Dalembert is an unrestricted FA.

Am I wrong in my understanding that you can't S&T a player in combination with another player and/or draft picks?

You are correct about that.

Unless this article is wrong then Dalembert is an unrestricted FA.

You are correct about that.

He is an unrestricted FA, but my point was we cannot get him in combination with another player and/or draft picks. It's either trade for him straight up or sign him as a FA. That would be our only two options.

On the other hand, could you sign and trade for a player straight up for another player that is signed and traded?

For example, could we trade Jamal Crawford (re-signed) for Samuel Dalembert (re-signed)?

He is an unrestricted FA, but my point was we cannot get him in combination with another player and/or draft picks. It's either trade for him straight up or sign him as a FA. That would be our only two options.

On the other hand, could you sign and trade for a player straight up for another player that is signed and traded?

For example, could we trade Jamal Crawford (re-signed) for Samuel Dalembert (re-signed)?

Oh no, the dreaded double sign and trade! :Nail Biting:

Not entirely impossibly but it's so difficult and entirely convoluted that I wouldn't waste my hopes on it.

You won't believe this, but these are the exact players I traded for on my NBA 2K11 franchise. Dalembert and Casspi. I didn't have to trade Josh Smith to get them. I traded Marvin Williams/ Zaza fillers and a second round pick. I don't start Casspi though he backs up Josh Smith off the bench. Josh and Al slide up a spot in the lineup.

Could this all be coincidence? Maybe I missed my calling and I should be a GM or maybe I should replace Miss Cleo?

I wouldn't trade Josh for them, but if they included a lottery pick and Casspi I would be tempted.

Oh no, the dreaded double sign and trade! :Nail Biting:

Not entirely impossibly but it's so difficult and entirely convoluted that I wouldn't waste my hopes on it.

Lol! I'll take your word on it. I'm definitely no CBA guru. I think I've got a general understanding of how everything works, but this area was a little gray to me.

If that could happen though, I'd rather do that and use Josh Smith and Marvin to bring in a bigger upgrade at SF.

Maybe something along the lines of.......

Josh Smith and Marvin Williams for Rudy Gay and Darrel Arthur

Depending on what Memphis does with ZBo and Gasol, they may have to include someone else to make salaries match (if they're over the cap), but they'd improve as would we (if they are intent on dealing Gay).

Teague/Hinrich

Johnson/????

Gay/Wilkins

Horford/Arthur

Dalembert/Pachulia/Collins

Memphis would be pretty good assuming they bring everyone else back...

Conley

Mayo

Smith

Randolph

Gasol

Edited by Dragitoff

You're right about that but there are ways around it, such as making 2 trades with them. First trade could be Marvin for Dalembert (re-signed) and the follow up trade could be Casspi / 7th pick for Smoove.

As mentioned below that's very rare and not likely to happen.

Honestly, I'd have to strongly consider that possible move (Dally, 7th pick, and Casspi for Smoove and Marvin). We'd still have the ability to move Crawford in a S&T for an upgrade at SF or depth if we choose. That's the problem IMO with our team this year. Other than bad habits, we had too short of a bench. Teague's growth should help that out some this year, but really, the only consistent production we got from our bench was Crawford (if he was on), Zaza (most nights), and .........well, that was about it.

Honestly, I'd have to strongly consider that possible move (Dally, 7th pick, and Casspi for Smoove and Marvin). We'd still have the ability to move Crawford in a S&T for an upgrade at SF or depth if we choose. That's the problem IMO with our team this year. Other than bad habits, we had too short of a bench. Teague's growth should help that out some this year, but really, the only consistent production we got from our bench was Crawford (if he was on), Zaza (most nights), and .........well, that was about it.

I'd only do that trade if it was an absolute certainty that we'd get Brandon Knight because outside of him I don't see anyone else worthy of losing Smoove for in the draft.

I'd only do that trade if it was an absolute certainty that we'd get Brandon Knight because outside of him I don't see anyone else worthy of losing Smoove for in the draft.

Not even Kimba Walker?

You have to also consider, getting ANY PG, most likely makes Hinrich or even Teague expendable in the right deal.

Not even Kimba Walker?

You have to also consider, getting ANY PG, most likely makes Hinrich or even Teague expendable in the right deal.

Nope not for Kemba Walker in any form or fashion with that high of a pick. I like the guy but he's a shoot first mini-me PG who has some is skill but he's not a very good defender and plays out of control at times. Knight isn't in Kemba's class as far as scoring goes but Knight is a terrific defender with better than prototypical size and a terrific wingspan and he plays with a maturity far beyond his age.

If we drafted Knight I'd let him sit behind Teague for a year but he'd get big minutes and I'd play Hinrich as Joe's backup or I might consider moving Joe to SF depending on how the rest of the roster shakes out.

Nope not for Kemba Walker in any form or fashion with that high of a pick. I like the guy but he's a shoot first mini-me PG who has some is skill but he's not a very good defender and plays out of control at times. Knight isn't in Kemba's class as far as scoring goes but Knight is a terrific defender with better than prototypical size and a terrific wingspan and he plays with a maturity far beyond his age.

If we drafted Knight I'd let him sit behind Teague for a year but he'd get big minutes and I'd play Hinrich as Joe's backup or I might consider moving Joe to SF depending on how the rest of the roster shakes out.

You should check out my offseason plan (version 3.0) I just posted in the trade forum. I used this concept combo'd with a few other moves including us trading Hinrich and having Teague start with Walker as the BU

I like what he can bring offensively. I think he and Teague could make a great pG combo for years and years to come. Wouldn't it be nice to not have to worry about who our starting PG will be for at least one season? lol.

You should check out my offseason plan (version 3.0) I just posted in the trade forum. I used this concept combo'd with a few other moves including us trading Hinrich and having Teague start with Walker as the BU

I like what he can bring offensively. I think he and Teague could make a great pG combo for years and years to come. Wouldn't it be nice to not have to worry about who our starting PG will be for at least one season? lol.

I wouldn't mind Kemba but I am not trading Smith unless I'm getting a legit star or someone with the chance to become one and having seen A LOT of Kemba Walker I'm certain he will never be more than a quality scoring guard and likely a backup.

I will check out your offseason plan in a bit ...