• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Heard on ESPN (TV)

y2kenta

That the HAWKS have already started talks with Dalemebert's agent about options of bringing him to ATL!

That would be huge!

IF we are able to get Daly, keep Smoove and Horford, we'd have the most, dynamic, and best defensive front court in the NBA!

And we could still resign Collins as a 3rd string, emergence "Dwight Support" (Flight Support)...

We need to use Crawford (S&T), Marvin, and possibly Kirk's contracts to either go to SAC or dump for cheaper, useful players.

TRADE WITH SAC: Marivin + Kirk + filler/2nd <-for-> Daly + Casspi

1. SAC craving to get a legitimate PG to move Tyreke to the SG. Kirk would fit and is worth Daly's new starting salary!

2. Casspi wants out of SAC. It was in the public just before the season ended. Marvin gives them a starting SF (who may need a new team to show something).

3. Dalembert was unhappy most of the season, being benched because of Cousins development and good play. Just makes sense.

• Like 1

That the HAWKS have already started talks with Dalemebert's agent about options of bringing him to ATL!

That would be huge!

IF we are able to get Daly, keep Smoove and Horford, we'd have the most, dynamic, and best defensive front court in the NBA!

And we could still resign Collins as a 3rd string, emergence "Dwight Support" (Flight Support)...

We need to use Crawford (S&T), Marvin, and possibly Kirk's contracts to either go to SAC or dump for cheaper, useful players.

1. SAC craving to get a legitimate PG to move Tyreke to the SG. Kirk would fit and is worth Daly's new starting salary!

2. Casspi wants out of SAC. It was in the public just before the season ended. Marvin gives them a starting SF (who may need a new team to show something).

3. Dalembert was unhappy most of the season, being benched because of Cousins development and good play. Just makes sense.

NO MOVES CAN BE MADE UNTIL THE NEW COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT IS IN PLACE...

• Like 1

Based on the free agents on that list,if we let Craw walk I think Shannon Brown would be a great fit for us off the bench as a combo guard. He is a highlight reel guy who attacks the rim and has a cult following. Plus he is married to R&B singer Monica who is a homegrown Atlanta resident.

Reminds me of 2005 when BK was trying to sign him after that playoff series with Pistons where he played so well and got the big contract that just ran out.

http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index.php/topic/90982-according-to-espn-hawks-moving-in-on-dalembert/

Maybe he could be had for the MLE ? If there is a MLE in the new CBA.

The Knicks will probably be offering Dlembert the MLE as well.

The Kings can offer him more then anyone. He may be needed so that Cousins can be disciplined by placing him on the bench since he is prone to act up. At Dalembert's age he may elect to get back into the playoffs for a smaller contract.

Edited by coachx

That would be huge!

While moving Daly(who is a FA) makes sense for Sac(S&T), they should get their PG for the future in this draft. Between Knight, Irving, Kemba and Nolan Smith, one will be available for Sac.

Daly will not get the 13 mil. he got in '11. His new numbers may resemble Marvin's numbers. So, S&T Marvin for Daly straight up. After, Send Heinrich and Horford to Utah for a signed AK47, Milsap, Raja Bell and the 1st round pick this year.

Teague/Shannon Brown/pick

Joe/Shannon Brown/Raja

AK47/Raja

Josh/Milsap

Daly/Zaza

Based on the free agents on that list,if we let Craw walk I think Shannon Brown would be a great fit for us off the bench as a combo guard. He is a highlight reel guy who attacks the rim and has a cult following. Plus he is married to R&B singer Monica who is a homegrown Atlanta resident.

Yep

Edited by Swatguy

I've wanted Dalembert for some time on the Hawks, I know Diesel has been wanting him even more strongly.

I've read the Kings want to keep him and the Knicks are really wanting to sign him.

Daly himself expressed interest in the Heat as well, if all offers are equal it's going to be a dogfight for his services as far as where he'd think he'd be most comfortable but if it turns into a bidding war then we'll be out that fight entirely.

• Premium Member

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Please, in the name of all that is holy, stop proposing sign-and-trade deals involving Jamal. There are no scenarios under which such a deal would make sense for all three relevant parties (the Hawks, Jamal, and the other team), mainly because there is no way a team would have an incentive to give Jamal more than the mid-level under the current CBA. Shooting guards who just jack up shots are a dime a dozen. Jamal has long been among the best in that category, a modern-day Vernon Maxwell (without the defense) or Jim Jackson (without the rebounding). He is not worth more than the mid-level to a contending team, and he is not worth more than the minimum to a rebuilding team. If the new CBA phases in a hard cap, the chances of a sign-and-trade would go from 0.00001% to -50%.

Jamal is a 31 year old volume-scoring guard (and one, it must be said, who offers absolutely nothing except said volume scoring) who is an unrestricted free agent this summer. We're either re-signing him or letting him walk. There will be no sign-and-trade of Jamal.

:shout:

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 2

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Please, in the name of all that is holy, stop proposing sign-and-trade deals involving Jamal. There are no scenarios under which such a deal would make sense for all three relevant parties (the Hawks, Jamal, and the other team), because there is no way a team would have an incentive to give Jamal more than the mid-level under the current CBA. Shooting guards who just jack up shots are a dime a dozen. Jamal has long been among the best in that category, a modern-day Vernon Maxwell (without the defense) or Jim Jackson (without the rebounding). He is not worth more than the mid-level to a contending team, and he is not worth more than the minimum to a rebuilding team. If the new CBA phases in a hard cap, the chances of a sign-and-trade would go from 0.00001% to -50%.

Jamal is a 31 year old volume-scoring guard (and one, it must be says, who offers absolutely nothing except said volume scoring) who is an unrestricted free agent this summer. We're either re-signing him or letting him walk. There will be no sign-and-trade of Jamal.

:shout:

+1. I guess people are holding on to hope because of Sund's horrible decision of not getting rid of him during the deadline.

I would love to have Dalembert and he seems the most feasible. I would also love Oden and he is not out the picture, because I don't see Portland signing him to a long term deal nor offering him his qualifying amount of almost $9 million. They are already stuck with Roy's bad contract. Can't see them paying $23 million to damaged products next year. I think both guys could be had for MLE or slightly more considering we are a playoff team. That still leads me to say we need to dump some salary, rather it is Marvin, Kirk, or Zaza matters less to me.