• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks Prediction via AJC

Diesel

• Premium Member

From the AJC.

4. Atlanta Hawks (44-38): Unless Rick Sund swings a big deal for Josh Smith, any improvement will need to come from within — the Hawks are nearly at the luxury-tax level already. On cue, Jeff Teague’s performance as emergency starter against the Bulls brings hope that the Hawks might have finally found their point guard. But Jamal Crawford, the hugely influential sixth man, could be lost to free agency, and "he who's name shall not be mentioned", the talented draftee, was sent to Washington in the Kirk Hinrich trade. Stock: Rising slightly, assuming Teague’s postseason was no mirage.

Teague is definitely the key to internal growth but I guess I am alone when it comes to wondering why he is being questioned to the point some still want him to take the job when Kirk had 6 good games as a Hawk. Sounds like the same Bibby mess again.

Teague is definitely the key to internal growth but I guess I am alone when it comes to wondering why he is being questioned to the point some still want him to take the job when Kirk had 6 good games as a Hawk. Sounds like the same Bibby mess again.

Strange because Teague also only had 6 good games as a hawk. If you wanna see who is more accomplished in the NBA then you will see it is Kirk.

Kirk is yet another combo guard whos large salary will come off the books in a year, surely the hawks won't make the same mistake and not get future dividends if the opportunity arises. Maybe we can somehow fleece the lakers in a three way involving odom or even keeping him to form a versatile frontcourt trio.

• Premium Member

Strange because Teague also only had 6 good games as a hawk. If you wanna see who is more accomplished in the NBA then you will see it is Kirk.

I don't think either guy needs to be a 42 min player at this point.

I think we can play both guys and if we loss Crawford, we can play them both at the same time a little.

• Like 1

I personally would love to see Teague play as many minutes as he can. I'd rather lose a couple more games at the cost of giving him a real shot because as of right now it looks like we're going to have the same results (in the playoffs) we have every year.

• Like 3

I think Teague is one of those throw him in the fire type guys. There's no way anyone would have predicted he could have handled the pressure in that Chicago series the way he did. I think he's proven he deserves to be given a shot at being the man. But still, I hate to see Kirk play behind another young point prospect. I believe a lot of what happens on opening day will be if Kirk is willing to once again, be a mentor pg and backup pg/sg.

• Like 1

I think Teague is one of those throw him in the fire type guys. There's no way anyone would have predicted he could have handled the pressure in that Chicago series the way he did. I think he's proven he deserves to be given a shot at being the man. But still, I hate to see Kirk play behind another young point prospect. I believe a lot of what happens on opening day will be if Kirk is willing to once again, be a mentor pg and backup pg/sg.

Ditto!

The same goes for Bibby and that was basically what my post was saying. I think we are in for the same situation with the same results

• Premium Member

The same goes for Bibby and that was basically what my post was saying. I think we are in for the same situation with the same results

We spent a lot on Kurt because he can run an offense and he is a good defender.

He gets the luxury of a training camp now.

I think Blink is still got to prove the consistency. I'm willing to see him split time with Kirk until he proves that he can do 35+ mpg.

Capn Kirk is definitely trade delicious. I would like to see if he can fetch us a need. If not, we keep him and Teague as a dynamic duo.

• Moderators

We should let Jamal walk and sign Tayshaun Prince.

I know we'd need to clear some more money but i think this would be a huge improvement.

If you are talking about getting under the cap by clearing money, that isn't practical. It isn't a matter of letting Craw walk and doing just a little more.