• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight to GS Warriors?

According to Hoopshype.com, GS has offered Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh, and Biedrins for Dwight and Orlando is actually giving the offer serious thought. We can offer Horford, Marvin, and some more pieces to get Dwight here. GS has new management and it's obvious they're trying to make that team into a contender. I'm sure we can afford Dwight and he would be an asset to Teague, JJ, and Smoove, We can build around those players and could potentially become a dominant force in the league.

According to Hoopshype.com, GS has offered Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh, and Biedrins for Dwight and Orlando is actually giving the offer serious thought. We can offer Horford, Marvin, and some more pieces to get Dwight here. GS has new management and it's obvious they're trying to make that team into a contender. I'm sure we can afford Dwight and he would be an asset to Teague, JJ, and Smoove, We can build around those players and could potentially become a dominant force in the league.

Wow. That seems to me to be a pretty low-ball offer for Dwight. It's so early in the process though, you know there will most likely be much better offers and many more teams trying to get involved before it's all said and done.

• Premium Member

Wow. That seems to me to be a pretty low-ball offer for Dwight. It's so early in the process though, you know there will most likely be much better offers and many more teams trying to get involved before it's all said and done.

That's the 1 yr rental rate I was speaking about.

Keep in mind that

A) this is an offer without a guarantee Dwight would resign and they do have the capspace and are sending out enough assets to take on one of Orlando's bad contracts.

B) it's the first salvo in what's to be a (hopefully) season full of trade offers for Dwight. The bar is set so teams now have to up the ante from GS original offer to get the Magic interested.

Remember how the Nets got New York and others to keep adding assets for Melo

Keep in mind that

A) this is an offer without a guarantee Dwight would resign and they do have the capspace and are sending out enough assets to take on one of Orlando's bad contracts.

B) it's the first salvo in what's to be a (hopefully) season full of trade offers for Dwight. The bar is set so teams now have to up the ante from GS original offer to get the Magic interested.

Remember how the Nets got New York and others to keep adding assets for Melo

Good points.

That's a joke of a offer. I am not as in love as some of you guys are with Howard honestly because I think we would have to gut our team to get him and they still would probably not do anything with us because we are in the same division.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6b5axdh

Joe, Al, Zaza, Kirk, and Marvin for Dwight, Gilbert, and Hedo might get them to think twice because we take there bad contracts along with Howard. Howard would then be signed to a max deal like what Joe had.

I don't see it as that bad an offer. They get that young, exciting, high scoring SG that the Squawk was creaming over just a week ago, get a young once productive center even though his soul has been swallowed up in one of Don Nelson's tequila shots and a PF/C sophmore prospect who's got potential.

Dwight

Lee

Wright

Probably draft Burks

Curry.

And Dwight will love having bible study with Mark Jackson who just so happens to be a pastor.

Just take on a bad contract and this appeals to Orlando especially since it's out of conference.

Can't wait for Houston's offer. McHale with Dwight could be a sight.

That's a joke of a offer. I am not as in love as some of you guys are with Howard honestly because I think we would have to gut our team to get him and they still would probably not do anything with us because we are in the same division.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6b5axdh

Joe, Al, Zaza, Kirk, and Marvin for Dwight, Gilbert, and Hedo might get them to think twice because we take there bad contracts along with Howard. Howard would then be signed to a max deal like what Joe had.

lol our 2 best players plus a talented combo guard, a back up center, and Marvin for Gunboy, Turkey, and a Dwight Howard that isn't signed long term. Stick to your day job

lol our 2 best players plus a talented combo guard, a back up center, and Marvin for Gunboy, Turkey, and a Dwight Howard that isn't signed long term. Stick to your day job

I obviously stated that Dwight would then be signed to a contract like Joe's which means a long term max deal you guys just like to argue for the fact of arguing and post to see your numbers improve

I don't see it as that bad an offer. They get that young, exciting, high scoring SG that the Squawk was creaming over just a week ago, get a young once productive center even though his soul has been swallowed up in one of Don Nelson's tequila shots and a PF/C sophmore prospect who's got potential.

Dwight

Lee

Wright

Probably draft Burks

Curry.

And Dwight will love having bible study with Mark Jackson who just so happens to be a pastor.

Just take on a bad contract and this appeals to Orlando especially since it's out of conference.

Can't wait for Houston's offer. McHale with Dwight could be a sight.

Well given the element of uncertainty and the very real risk that he might walk out of wherever he is traded to at the end of next season anyway, that's probably a fair offer for an unsigned Dwight. However if I was the GM in this case, I wouldn't make the deal unless either Dwight is signed OR I know for an absolute fact and that it is an ironclad certainty that I could sign him to a long term contract. Otherwise, no way. I would not give up trading assets like that for a one year rental player, and it's not like Dwight is gonna suddenly elevate the Warriors into true contention status, because he's not. They've got deeper problems than the lack of a dominant C.

Well given the element of uncertainty and the very real risk that he might walk out of wherever he is traded to at the end of next season anyway, that's probably a fair offer for an unsigned Dwight. However if I was the GM in this case, I wouldn't make the deal unless either Dwight is signed OR I know for an absolute fact and that it is an ironclad certainty that I could sign him to a long term contract. Otherwise, no way. I would not give up trading assets like that for a one year rental player, and it's not like Dwight is gonna suddenly elevate the Warriors into true contention status, because he's not. They've got deeper problems than the lack of a dominant C.

Well their issues are defense and rebounding which Howard fixes all on his own. That team looks like a younger more athletic version of the one he took to the Finals so they do have the opportunity to jump up the Western Conference standings. It offers everything Howard needs which is shooters at every position the problem would be depth though. The thing is with any team that pitches a deal for him is that they have already made up their minds and are either or both extremely confident they'd be a top player to resign him or they are fine getting whatever season they can before swinging and missing and starting all over again.

• 3 weeks later...