Quote from new owner

capstone21

Good to hear. I hope this guy is the real deal.

FWIW, there are some *ss backwards idiots on the AJC comments section. It's clear from reading their comments that they watch hockey for one reason and one reason only. First they said that they would never watch a Hawks game as long as the ASG was the owner and now that they're gone, they're complaining about the ASG still having a minority stake. Give it up. You morons never had any intention of watching the Hawks in the first place.

Edited by Trueblood
  • Like 2

Good to hear. I hope this guy is the real deal.

FWIW, there are some *ss backwards idiots on the AJC comments section. It's clear from reading their comments that they watch hockey for one reason and one reason only. First they said that they would never watch a Hawks game as long as the ASG was the owner and now that they're gone, they're complaining about the ASG still having a minority stake. Give it up. You morons never had any intention of watching the Hawks in the first place.

There are many things I could say to this, but here is the main point. The ASG never ran the hockey team correctly, and that cost the city a professional team. If you don't like hockey so be it, but for those of us who enjoy both hockey AND basketball please refrain from the name calling.

• Like 1

There are many things I could say to this, but here is the main point. The ASG never ran the hockey team correctly, and that cost the city a professional team. If you don't like hockey so be it, but for those of us who enjoy both hockey AND basketball please refrain from the name calling.

That's just the thing. I DO like basketball and hockey. It's the people commenting on the AJC that clearly have an anti basketball based agenda and when looking at their bigoted commentary, it's easy for more reasonable posters and readers to dismiss their takes. When they refer to NBA players as "thugs" and what not, they lose credibility. They do the sport and the NHL a disservice.

• Premium Member

i think i speak for atleast 2 other people when i say "prove it." :threaten: but seriously... i hope this all works out.

Make it 3, because you're speaking for me too. I'm with you on this. I don't need to see a championship team, I want to see championship EFFORT. We'll know what's up when we start hiring budget coaches and whatnot... I'm extremely encouraged though by ANYONE looking to buy this team and keeping it here. It's a huge, untapped market and "just good enough" hasn't cut it - and the fan support shows it. Anyone who comes into this situation has to realize the only way to take advantage of this market is to put a real team on the floor.

I'm glad the ASG isn't in control any more. I never could bring myself to totally trash or hate them as I think they came in at a low point, when it would have been easy to lose the Hawks to another city. We've recently with the Thrashers who the leagues really don't have any interest in preserving teams in Atlanta. So I'm grateful for that.

But now ready to move past ownership by committee. I have high hopes for the new owner. At least it isn't a corporation like the Braves got. Someone who is a fan of the game.

Make it 3, because you're speaking for me too. I'm with you on this. I don't need to see a championship team, I want to see championship EFFORT. We'll know what's up when we start hiring budget coaches and whatnot... I'm extremely encouraged though by ANYONE looking to buy this team and keeping it here. It's a huge, untapped market and "just good enough" hasn't cut it - and the fan support shows it. Anyone who comes into this situation has to realize the only way to take advantage of this market is to put a real team on the floor.

This. Agree. Cosign. Concur. I, Dejay, endorse this message...

Well one thing that this fixes is the Ownership mess that is always associated with this team. That was one (its not the only) of the reasons that free agents stayed away.

Point well made. Think there is a lot of potential in this regard. Time to turn the page and start fresh. Wonder if he will bring in Hispanic personell