• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks offered for CP3

Joker

NBA Sup,

You seem to have connections to the team. Why do you think it would be rental? Is there really no interest from Paul to resign with the Hawks? Yes, I understand him waiting till the end of the year to sign the contract extension since it means more money. But, from your one year rental comment it sounds like you think he won't resign.

Also, how serious are the Hawks in acquiring Paul? If serious, how active will they pursue him? Wouldn't Paul want to come here before any other team than NY or maybe Orlando?

Also, if it is going to be a one year rental. Then I say don't trade for Paul. Rather keep whoever we are going to trade and look at possible other deals, than have a one year rental. We went through that already with Danny Manning, we don't need to do that again.

Thanks.

P

• Like 1

NBA Sup,

You seem to have connections to the team. Why do you think it would be rental? Is there really no interest from Paul to resign with the Hawks? Yes, I understand him waiting till the end of the year to sign the contract extension since it means more money. But, from your one year rental comment it sounds like you think he won't resign.

Also, how serious are the Hawks in acquiring Paul? If serious, how active will they pursue him? Wouldn't Paul want to come here before any other team than NY or maybe Orlando?

Also, if it is going to be a one year rental. Then I say don't trade for Paul. Rather keep whoever we are going to trade and look at possible other deals, than have a one year rental. We went through that already with Danny Manning, we don't need to do that again.

Thanks.

P

No direct connections and my guy isn't talking to me right now. Whatever FA's and what not their looking for, I don't know. I just get info when I get info. I try to keep you guys up to date since this is a small community and not too much breaks out from this forum. Most people don't even know it exist.

He will be a rental but with a STRONG chance to resign. If we can contend or at least appear very attractive, he will resign with the Hawks. That's why LAC and GS don't want to offer. They don't want to lose him to NYK and that can easily happen but Atlanta is a lot better than them and have the pieces in place like Horford and Johnson. Jamal could be in a potential deal as well but who knows. I don't I would just be taking an educated guess.

I hope that answer your question and we are one of the three teams CP3 wanted to play with (LAC, NYK, and ATL) just to mention but like Deron he wants to wait till FA to get a lot more money like Joe did.

• Like 1

I remember that Atlanta is one of the few places that he want to resigned with long term, I think if we can put a package together that can help us get him without Depleted this team to the core then we might get passed the second round this year

atlja316 is right, it's not everyday you get a 2nd shot at something in the NBA. Even after what happen so long ago, he still consider us, now that is something. I believe that I was the ASG, after all the crap that they put us through with everything, they should try hard to get this done.

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Like 1

I remember that Atlanta is one of the few places that he want to resigned with long term, I think if we can put a package together that can help us get him without Depleted this team to the core then we might get passed the second round this year

Honestly, GS and LAC have pulled out. LAC is leading for Dwight so he's the one that will get their attention. No one wants to really play for GS. ATL and HOU have attractive offers but Atlanta has more pieces and is willing to take Okafor contract. That's the game changer. Josh Smith getting into shape helped and that's why it was shown on hawks.com for a reason. Josh will get his chance now. If you play fantasy, draft him ASAP, he will be one of the best in the league but hypothetically speaking of course. Because he will possibly be our defensive anchor this season like he was in 09-10 and Horford will lead the team with a new chance as well at his real position.

Edited by nbasuperstar40
  • Like 2

Honestly, GS and LAC have pulled out. LAC is leading for Dwight so he's the one that will get their attention. No one wants to really play for GS. ATL and HOU have attractive offers but Atlanta has more pieces and is willing to take Okafor contract. That's the game changer. Josh Smith getting into shape helped and that's why it was shown on hawks.com for a reason. Josh will get his chance now. If you play fantasy, draft him ASAP, he will be one of the best in the league but hypothetically speaking of course. Because he will possibly be our defensive anchor this season like he was in 09-10 and Horford will lead the team with a new chance.

i am already on it, now a question for u. If you were Rick Sound, what package would you make?

i am already on it, now a question for u. If you were Rick Sound, what package would you make?

Honestly, Sund is going to do him but clearly you want to keep Horford because of his fit with CP3 and CP3 not going to work with Smith for numerous reasons I will explain later since I've completed CP3 profile and CP3 knows that too.

It will be centered around Josh Smith and Jeff Teague. The rest is interchangeable. Marvin's bad contract means he made the cut. Jamal could be in the mix as could Hinrich and Zaza. But it would centered around Smoove and Teague. Clearly one top tier prospect and player. Also taking Okafor's contract is vastly important. Atlanta is willing to do to much with no assurance of resigning outside of CP3 saying he will likely resign with his word. Houston is too but they don't have much anyway.

Houston deal will be centered around Scola, and prospects who contracts are ending next year. Clearly Houston will still keep K. Martin to go with CP3 in their deal but we all know what deal has the most to offer because they have more talent.

• Like 1

Honestly, Sund is going to do him but clearly you want to keep Horford because of his fit with CP3 and CP3 not going to work with Smith for numerous reasons I will explain later since I've completed CP3 profile and CP3 knows that too.

It will be centered around Josh Smith and Jeff Teague. The rest is interchangeable. Marvin's bad contract means he made the cut. Jamal could be in the mix as could Hinrich and Zaza. But it would centered around Smoove and Teague. Clearly one top tier prospect and player. Also taking Okafor's contract is vastly important. Atlanta is willing to do to much with no assurance of resigning outside of CP3 saying he will likely resign with his word. Houston is too but they don't have much anyway.

Houston deal will be centered around Scola, and prospects who contracts are ending next year. Clearly Houston will still keep K. Martin to go with CP3 in their deal but we all know what deal has the most to offer because they have more talent.

I see, so It will be

Josh Smith

Jeff Teague

Kirk Hinrich

Marvin Williams or 2012 2nd Round Pick

1st Round - 2013 and 2nd Round Pick

1st Round - 2015 (conditional)

for

Chris Paul (as long he signed long term)

Okafor

Fillers

But the question because if we do that, our chance with resigned Jamal becomes better or worst?

Edited by NekiEcko

Potential starting lineup if we give up JS, teague, MW, Hinrich, and unprotected 2013 1st...

Paul

JJ

?...

Horford

Okafor

Could be pretty sweet.

We would really need a Sf that could run the break, defend...maybe then a sign and trade of Crawford would make even more sense. IMO, if you somehow make this trade you better be willing to pay some luxury tax to fill out the roster.

W

Hawks are not getting Paul. Even Espn can't even take the Hawks interest seriously. They didn't even bother to list some madeup trade for Paul.

They did actually, John Hollinger did it. It was fubar but Atlanta has the package as long CPIII signs long-term. I know that it is a long shot but better to try then not try at all. Besides there is no way unless there is a miracle we will pass the second round in the ECF. Be honest here.

I see, so It will be

Josh Smith

Jeff Teague

Kirk Hinrich

Marvin Williams or 2012 2nd Round Pick

1st Round - 2013 and 2nd Round Pick

1st Round - 2015 (conditional)

for

Chris Paul (as long he signed long term)

Okafor

Fillers

But the question because if we do that, our chance with resigned Jamal becomes better or worst?

No, it will not. I'm glad you guys aren't the GM. There are financial questions to be asked. Trading 4 for 2 kills us salary wise. We won't be able to sign anyone....ANYONE beyond that and will have no bench. Also, any deal that netted us Okafor will include a center for them (ie...Zaza). Smith won't be going because he makes less than Okafor and Paul. I already posted this in another thread. If you are getting both Okafor and Paul, you are giving up JJ, Zaza and probably Marvin. You are also giving up 1 first, not 2 nor a second.

You would line up....Paul, Hinrich, JSmith, Horford, Okafor. You probably SNT Crawford at this point for 2 lower paid players to help fill the roster (Craw at 8 per, take back a 5 mil, 2.5 mil). You find a jump shooting 2 in that. You keep Teague as your backup point. JJ, Zaza, Marvin (healthy) and a first is plenty to get those 2.

FYI, you run pick and roll, penetrate and kick till your eyes bleed with that group and defensively you could stop anyone. You get Hinrich to resign for 5 million after his contract is up and it frees up money for the money for Paul.

They did actually, John Hollinger did it. It was fubar but Atlanta has the package as long CPIII signs long-term. I know that it is a long shot but better to try then not try at all. Besides there is no way unless there is a miracle we will pass the second round in the ECF. Be honest here.

I think it's common believe that CP3 isn't resigning or signing till 2012.

No, it will not. I'm glad you guys aren't the GM. There are financial questions to be asked. Trading 4 for 2 kills us salary wise. We won't be able to sign anyone....ANYONE beyond that and will have no bench. Also, any deal that netted us Okafor will include a center for them (ie...Zaza). Smith won't be going because he makes less than Okafor and Paul. I already posted this in another thread. If you are getting both Okafor and Paul, you are giving up JJ, Zaza and probably Marvin. You are also giving up 1 first, not 2 nor a second.

You would line up....Paul, Hinrich, JSmith, Horford, Okafor. You probably SNT Crawford at this point for 2 lower paid players to help fill the roster (Craw at 8 per, take back a 5 mil, 2.5 mil). You find a jump shooting 2 in that. You keep Teague as your backup point. JJ, Zaza, Marvin (healthy) and a first is plenty to get those 2.

FYI, you run pick and roll, penetrate and kick till your eyes bleed with that group and defensively you could stop anyone. You get Hinrich to resign for 5 million after his contract is up and it frees up money for the money for Paul.

I love that line up!!