• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks offered for CP3

Joker

So what to make of this http://twitter.com/#...827925345206273

GS has offered Chandler a 4 year deal worth over 60 million

Expected and it would be a great move for GS. They need a center badly. Not so if their plans is to get CP3. The problem isn't this season, it would be later. CP3 doesn't want to be GS. But here are the rest of the issues.

1. Fit

Monta's never been an off the ball player. Over 53% of his shots, in his best year, are created by him. Can't argue this stuff.

But a coach looks at CP3, a ball-dominant PG that makes his entire team better, and Monta, a ball-dominant scorer that hasn't provided much value otherwise. If he can get a player who fits perfectly with CP3, and another player that helps with our defense... he'd do it. He's more ball dominant than Melo and he doesn't have great movement within an offense.

2. NYK

New York has enough endorsements set up so CP3 can join them while still getting paid like a full max deal. This is why Sund was extremely reluctant, you got to be right.

3. What if CP3 doesn't resign which is likely given that they just don't have the talent.

CP3 to the Warriors for Curry/Udoh/Klay/Wright

Amnesty Biedirens

Warriors overpay for Chandler based on what CP3 said about increasing the chances of his own extension.

CP3 jets to NY after a playoff run which is likely to end in the 2nd round or sooner.

Warriors lose their 2012 1st to Utah as it is.

With the cap space, Dwight and Deron Williams laugh at GS's best offer and go elsewhere.

Warriors overpay for 3rd tier free agents like Maggette b/c they panic and have to reach the cap floor.

Monta opts out and leaves the following year b/c the team is a mess.

Back at square one.

Stuck having LEE & CHANDLER (past his prime making $15 mill a year)

The Hawks have an offer and Hornets will review it today to make a decision.

All these teams have submitted offers from my knowledge:

Atlanta

HOU

LAL

LAC

GS

NYK

BOS

DAL

Atlanta one is anonymous

LAL one is Gasol and picks

LAC is Minny 1st, Aminu, Bledsoe

GS is Curry, Thompson, Udoh, and Wright

NYK is Billups, Fields, etc

BOS is Rondo, Bradley, LAC 1st, Bos 1st 2011.

HOS is based around Lowry and a couple other young pieces, no picks.

ORL is for clowns to not be named.

DAL one is anonymous too. Almost forgot about Dallas.

Most of these teams are trading with an intention for rental. LAL, NYK, and ATL are more so for long term. New Orleans will trade Christopher Emmanuel Paul tomorrow. Wish the Hawks luck.

I am out for the day. See you guys tomorrow. vacation1.gif

Of those, the Warriors is by far the best offer. I hope you're wrong about him being traded tomorrow. What would be good for us is if they hold on to him til the trade deadline. I say this because I have a feeling that Teague and Marvins trade value with go way up with the start of the season with them getting more PT while Hinrich heals.

Let's hope NOH is patient with this.

• Premium Member

mbasuperstar40, Thanks for answering the question.

Maybe that is the reason why the Hawks has been silence through the whole ordeal, but I though he like Atlanta but oh well, Atlanta package is good and if he doesnt come, oh well, life moves on.

Well from what we all hear CP3 likes Atlanta, wanted to be drafted by Atlanta, so im sure that still stings with him a little bit, thats just human nature. From his side of the extension he like everybody else does not trust the ownership of the Hawks and why would he? In regards to the Hawks they are not going to trade Teague just to have CP3 walk to NY after a year. It doesnt seem that the Hawks and Sund have the ability to really see a major trade through in selling CP3 on the Hawks IMO.

I would trade JSmoove and Teague to the Hornets for CPS and Okafor. I dont have any interest in West, he is trying to play the 4 spot in a 3 body, he just doesnt have the size. Okafor can play center and we can slide Horford to the 4. This trade will get rid of the antics of Smoove but will be less athletic IMO.

Well from what we all hear CP3 likes Atlanta, wanted to be drafted by Atlanta, so im sure that still stings with him a little bit, thats just human nature. From his side of the extension he like everybody else does not trust the ownership of the Hawks and why would he? In regards to the Hawks they are not going to trade Teague just to have CP3 walk to NY after a year. It doesnt seem that the Hawks and Sund have the ability to really see a major trade through in selling CP3 on the Hawks IMO.

I would trade JSmoove and Teague to the Hornets for CPS and Okafor. I dont have any interest in West, he is trying to play the 4 spot in a 3 body, he just doesnt have the size. Okafor can play center and we can slide Horford to the 4. This trade will get rid of the antics of Smoove but will be less athletic IMO.

Well CP3 ain't going to the Knicks if Chandler goes there. This might open up a chance for Atlanta to go trade for Paul without worrying for an ext. This also opening up the market for Deron and Howard for all teams. Just my opinion.

As for the rest you wrote, I am not sure.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Moderators

ESPN is reporting that the Knicks now lead in the bidding for Tyson Chandler (they are expected to dump or amnesty Billups and Turiaf) and the Knicks would then look to flip Amare Stoudamire for Chris Paul.

Interesting.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7330900/tyson-chandler-dallas-mavericks-nears-deal-new-york-knicks-sources-say

ESPN is reporting that the Knicks now lead in the bidding for Tyson Chandler (they are expected to dump or amnesty Billups and Turiaf) and the Knicks would then look to flip Amare Stoudamire for Chris Paul.

Interesting.

http://espn.go.com/n...cks-sources-say

That is beyond crazy for that. I think that is plan stupid, you dont give up no Amare for Paul, even the NOH know this. Somebody trade CPIII so it will be over with.

Atlanta seriously had a major advantage and needs to use it. LAC, NYK, and GSW are completely done. Dallas can cause problems since they can sign both CP3 and Dwight but Atlanta needs to use the trump card like the LA Angels. Make it hell for Dallas to thump them. Speaking personally.

Guys I don't know what to say, NY really threw a monkey wrench into the process and of my info I just posted a page ago could be null void. I am trying to get info but I received no responses yet. Damn Knicks.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Its called being realistic..

You are a sad sad man, you dont have dreams do you?

But that means Knicks is going to be screw with any other deals they want, and I believe Amare might have a "no trade" clause in his contact but Knicks is going to need alot of more and lot of Knicks fans do not want to lose Amare.

You are a sad sad man, you dont have dreams do you?

But that means Knicks is going to be screw with any other deals they want, and I believe Amare might have a "no trade" clause in his contact but Knicks is going to need alot of more and lot of Knicks fans do not want to lose Amare.

The problem is not NY. The problem is the NBA. NY is not going to trade Amare for CP3. But....

Paul to the lakers.. Gasol to the rockets, then Scola and Martin to the hornets.

Umm, nope

Besides it will make it clear that D12 will be going to LA Lakers for Byrum and if that happens, I am know that the NBA is rigged and they should switch to NFL rules on F/A.

Paul to the lakers.. Gasol to the rockets, then Scola and Martin to the hornets.

That's the main rumor but who knows what NO will do.

How come I get he feeling this team is going to be the status quo this year? We never seem to get over the hump. I guess we better hope the guys we got can kick it up a notch.

If this Paul trade falls through for us I would be on the phone with Orlando trying to pry Howard away. Unfortunately this won't happen either. I don't think they would ever trade him within the division.

I guess we are going to battle with what we have with some additions of vet min. salaries and the loss of Crawford. I think it is a step sideways or backwards. Don't think we are making progress.

The Hawks should think like so "With great risk, comes great reward" Dare to be great, instead of the same. Scared money don't make money. Go out and be great Atlanta, shock the NBA world with a league changing trade.

P

This was it, this was the only player he said we had a shot at. That's what I got in May. He is not wrong much. He leaked the Amare potential deal, Nash (PHX-ATL)in trade talks, Jamal getting traded and what not. He said if the Knicks stand pat Atlanta has a shot at CP3. They didn't and we are done. This means no Jamal either. That was the only way he would resign if we had the money.

He said Nash is not getting traded. Too valuable to Phx.

He said CP3 was open and we had a serious shot.

He said both Dwight and Deron weren't getting traded and if Dwight did, it wouldn't be to the Hawks.

Congrats fellas. We lost. It's likely over. Enjoy watching T-Mac and thinking he will be T-Mac of old. The Hawks is a joke anyway. That's the real reason Smith wants out. If he is going to be on a team who can't win, trade him to loser so he can stat pad. Horford don't want to be here unless we bring a good center. Neither does Joe unless we bring someone like CP3 in. I know it's not time to give up but when NY traded for Chandler, they killed the market and Dallas cornered it. We should just blow it up.

Well at least the Dream are good.

He also gave me heads up that Broussard is the one to listen to for CP3 and Lebron. He is WW Wes #1 media connect.

This was it, this was the only player he said we had a shot at. That's what I got in May. He is not wrong much. He leaked the Amare potential deal, Nash (PHX-ATL)in trade talks, Jamal getting traded and what not. He said if the Knicks stand pat Atlanta has a shot at CP3. They didn't and we are done. This means no Jamal either. That was the only way he would resign if we had the money.

He said Nash is not getting traded. Too valuable to Phx.

He said CP3 was open and we had a serious shot.

He said both Dwight and Deron weren't getting traded and if Dwight did, it wouldn't be to the Hawks.

Congrats fellas. We lost. It's likely over. Enjoy watching T-Mac and thinking he will be T-Mac of old. The Hawks is a joke anyway. That's the real reason Smith wants out. If he is going to be on a team who can't win, trade him to loser so he can stat pad. Horford don't want to be here unless we bring a good center. Neither does Joe unless we bring someone like CP3 in. I know it's not time to give up but when NY traded for Chandler, they killed the market and Dallas cornered it. We should just blow it up.

Well at least the Dream are good.

He also gave me heads up that Broussard is the one to listen to for CP3 and Lebron. He is WW Wes #1 media connect.

So you saying that CPIII is going to NYK now in a trade. Oh well, life moves on. But hope is not lost, until then let hope that Sund can get that for us.

So you saying that CPIII is going to NYK now in a trade. Oh well, life moves on. But hope is not lost, until then let hope that Sund can get that for us.

I don't know where he's going to go. I was just looking at it from the Hawks perspective in that last post. It's likely wherever the NBA wants CP3 to go like Melo.