• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nobody has said it yet, So I will say it (let's start the year off as usual).

Diesel

• Premium Member

Josh Smith = Starting Sf.

There. I said it.

Now, let's talk about it.

At 205-215, Josh is a throwback PF. Throwback to when Buck Williams and Larry Nance played PF.

Here's the other thing.

Marvin Williams = PF.

At 240, do we have a choice?

So the question is... do we just go with the big lineup and find three heads for the Center position?

The other question is where do we put TMac?

Is he backup 2 or BU Sf?

Who is our BU PG?

I

PG: Jeff/Watson/Pape---Kirk(Injury)

SG: Joe/Tmac

SF: Josh/Brewer/Marv/Vlad

PF: Marv/Horf/Vlad

C: Horf/Azik/Zaza/Collins

That's just the way I see things panning out. assuming trades happen. not a bad second unit if you ask me.

Watson, Tmac, Brewer, Vlad, Zaza/Azik

• Premium Member

One comment... Marvin ain't PF!

Marvin ain't a Sf either but we played him there.

Marvin is big... supposedly Athletic but he doesn't have the athleticism to overcome his bigness. Or at least we haven't seen it. Marvin gets a lot of dumb fouls because he's usually out of position. He's clumsy. I'm glad that he's pain free but I don't think it will translate that much. At the end of the day, you still got to want to... and he don't have much want to.

PG: Jeff/Watson/Pape---Kirk(Injury)

SG: Joe/Tmac

SF: Josh/Brewer/Marv/Vlad

PF: Marv/Horf/Vlad

C: Horf/Azik/Zaza/Collins

That's just the way I see things panning out. assuming trades happen. not a bad second unit if you ask me

• Watson has just re-signed with the Jazz so he's out.
  • The supposed SnT with the Bulls hasn't happened yet so I wouldn't try to account for Brewer just yet
  • If there is a trade, the Bulls do not want to give up Azik. They like his potential too much. (I would climb on top of my house and praise Sund's name if he could pull this off howeverworshippy.gif )

Marvin ain't a Sf either but we played him there.

Marvin is big... supposedly Athletic but he doesn't have the athleticism to overcome his bigness. Or at least we haven't seen it. Marvin gets a lot of dumb fouls because he's usually out of position. He's clumsy. I'm glad that he's pain free but I don't think it will translate that much. At the end of the day, you still got to want to... and he don't have much want to.

I tend to agree that we're going to play Marvin at PF for a significant amount of time this year, provided that T-Mac is healthy enough to play 15-20 minutes or so at SF/SG. I'm not counting on the health of T-Mac but we've also got Vlad who can play some minutes at the SF spot if needed as well as JJ.

Looking at the video of Marvin though I'm not sure that he's still 240 pounds. Have you read that is what he's weighing now or are you basing that off of last season?

• Watson has just re-signed with the Jazz so he's out.
  • The supposed SnT with the Bulls hasn't happened yet so I wouldn't try to account for Brewer just yet
  • If there is a trade, the Bulls do not want to give up Azik. They like his potential too much. (I would climb on top of my house and praise Sund's name if he could pull this off howeverworshippy.gif )

All good points ... if Hinrich is going to miss any significant time then hopefully we're going to save our MLE for a guy like Billups to give us some quality minutes at the PG spot but I would have liked to have picked up Watson that's for sure.

I HIGHLY doubt that we'll be able to pry Brewer and Asik from the Bulls but like you I'd praise Sund all day long if he could pull off that haul for a guy who most of us expected to lose for free. Hell I'd be more than happy to get Brewer and preferrably Asik of course but next would be Korver and I wouldn't be mad at all if the other guy ended up being Bogans as he's a pretty solid 3pt shooter and can bring some quality defense.