• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Girl with the dragon tattoo

DrReality

i saw a screening of it and thought it was really good. haven't read the books, but my wife and i saw the three original swedish movies and loved all of them. i'm not usually a fan of american remakes of forgein films, but this one was easily as good, if not better, than the original. daniel craig was better than the original swedish actor imo. even with all things being equal between the original and remake, this version ends up on top since you don't have to read the subtitles and can pay more attention to the action.

I'd say this was my favorite movie of the year and one of the best drama-suspense-thriller-etc types of movies that I've seen in quite a while. The lead actress was terrific and incredibly HOT and Daniel Craig was his usual awesome self plus they had a very good supporting cast as well.

I wouldn't recommend seeing this movie with someone who you might feel uncomfortable around during intense sexually oriented scenes though!

I hate to take away from what might have been a good movie, but the characters just didn't fit the mental picture I had of them after reading the books.

Other than that, the best way to describe it is 'Intense'...

And Dolfan, you are very correct with this one:

I wouldn't recommend seeing this movie with someone who you might feel uncomfortable around during intense sexually oriented scenes though!
Edited by ATLJA316

I hate to take away from what might have been a good movie, but the characters just didn't fit the mental picture I had of them after reading the books.

Other than that, the best way to describe it is 'Intense'...

And Dolfan, you are very correct with this one:

I hate when that happens! Luckily for me I'm a combination of too busy and too lazy to read many books for pleasure these days so I hadn't read this and was able to go into it with a blank canvas for my mental picture. Which quickly became filled with the image of a pixie haircut wearing tatted and pierced badass woman! Oh and some other people LOL

• Like 1

I saw all three Swedish films, but I haven't seen the American remakes yet. Suffice it to say, the originals were dark and raunchy as hell, but that seems to be a trend in Swedish film. Another Swedish film that was remade recently was Let The Right One In. Some viewers think it's the best vampire film ever made, but I'll leave that to you. I enjoyed the American remake, Let Me In, more than the original because the camera work was pretty damn impressive.