• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pump Fakes and Rip-Throughs

benhillboy

Is anybody else ecstatic that they don't call (unless it's very physical) fouls on pump fakes then dives into the defender or Kevin Durant's reactionary jumper to reach ins anymore? I heard that Stu Jackson was embarrassed by it and luckily the rule change passed with the latest agreement I guess. It just bailed out the offensive player so much when he prematurely picked up his dribble or stopped and held the ball too long and it just looked ridiculous and cheap. Two free throws is way too harsh a punishment for a defender doing his job of aggressively defending a shot or stopping a perimeter player's dribble. It will likely shave 2-5 points off guys like Wade, LeBron, Pierce, and Durant's averages. I say good. I've still seen players not realize the rule change, try one of the cheap moves, and the ref swallows his whistle as play continues. Great move by the NBA IMO after such bad press due to the lockout. They gained a lot of points back with this fan for making a serious wrong right.

Edited by benhillboy

The casual fan will not know the difference, but I would say that it is a good rule change.

I hated that people like Wade and Durant got away with that stuff... And maybe also because none of the Hawks EVER did it.

• Premium Member

They should call it the "Kevin Martin Rule"

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

I'm pretty sure Wade & LeBronda both did it once last night. They blew the whistle both times too. The new rule is not to call it for everyone, just superstars and their teams.

Right. I didn't know they changed that because Wade certainly used it in his favor. Then again Mr. Clean was the ref.