• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith Joins Kareem, Hakeem & The Admiral

Admin

From Elias: Some games are won in the final minutes, and then there are games such as the one that the Hawks and the Bulls played on Saturday night. Al Horford scored within the first 10 seconds of the game and Atlanta held the lead the rest of the way, earning a 109-94 victory. Josh Smith led the way with 25 points, including nine points in the first six minutes of the game, during which the Hawks built an 18-8 lead. It was only the second time in the 543 regular-season NBA games in which Smith has played that he scored as many as nine points in a game's first six minutes. But we've got even better stuff to tell you about Smith. In addition to his total of 25 points, had five rebounds, five assists, four steals and six blocked shots, becoming the first player in just over 18 years to hit each of those levels in one NBA game since Hakeem Olajuwon did it for the Rockets against the Timberwolves on Dec. 30, 1993. In fact, since the NBA started keeping track of steals and blocked shots in 1973, Olajuwon (five times), Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (four times) and David Robinson (once) are the only other players who have reached, in one game, each of the levels that Smith reached on Saturday night.

Link to ESPN page where this came from.

Is it safe to say that this was Josh's best game he's ever had in the NBA? I believe it was certainly one of the top 5 games I've seen this core group of Hawks players play and I do believe it's the best I've ever seen Josh play, and that's saying something considering some of the incredible games that he's had with us over the years.

Well done Josh!!

well he still took some bad shots lol

but i will say he was quite focused, and set the tone for the whole game

Go Hawks!

Every player takes bad shots... it's just that his are magnified because of how we see him. That and with his incredibly long and slow windup the long jumpers tend to look even less certain.

• Premium Member

well he still took some bad shots lol

but i will say he was quite focused, and set the tone for the whole game

Go Hawks!

While I'll never be happy seeing Josh shooting jumpers, they are much more acceptable when he starts his game out with some easy shots inside the paint and mixes a jumper or two throughout the game. It's when he starts the game shooting jumpers and continues for the rest of the game that he gets heat for playing poorly.

• Moderators

After reading all of your posts it saddened me to notice how negative you guys are even when Smoove puts up impressive numbers. Smh

Look at the rare things he does. He could be a true star if he had his head on the right way. That is what people want for him and for the Hawks so the 'bang your head' sorts of decisions that hold him back are continuing source of frustration.

It is great to see Josh have this kind of game. Here is hoping he puts himself in the best position to pass the Admiral on this list.

The fact that Josh is the only forward to achieve these numbers is very impressive. His skill set of perfect blocking timing, quick, long arms, anticipatory ball skills, and passing is extremely rare. Being a lefty versus predominantly right-handed dribblers and shooters doesn't hurt either.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1