• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks nearing the midpoint of the season...What needs fixing...

DocWilkins

• Moderators

If taking back CHillz can get us Gortat without giving up Hinrich... I'm good with that!!

Getting Gortat is the motive in that case. Chillz would just be a dump contract we are absorbing in order to get Gortat.

• Premium Member

Trading Horford or Smith at this point for anyone less than Howard is stupid. We need to trade for O.J. Mayo. We need someone with superstar potential who could fit in our system like Jeremy Lin.

I disagree. In the longrun, Gortat is a better chemistry match for us than Horf.

Blow it up, get rid of Joe Johnson at all costs.

We can amnesty Joe.. hope another team signs him for at least 1/2 of what he's making.. but just think... Unless we can start a bidding war, it makes little difference to Joe what he makes. He can still stick it to our owners and take a minimum to play for one of these megateams. Just imagine.. Joe in NY or Joe in Chicago making the vet min while our owners are still paying him 120 Million?

Let's bring you to the conclusion.

Joe is a Hawk and will retire one. Unless somebody comes along with a trade.

Getting Gortat is the motive in that case. Chillz would just be a dump contract we are absorbing in order to get Gortat.

I would rather have Chillz and his effort around the goal than Marvin and his non-Impact.

• Like 1

I disagree. In the longrun, Gortat is a better chemistry match for us than Horf.

We can amnesty Joe.. hope another team signs him for at least 1/2 of what he's making.. but just think... Unless we can start a bidding war, it makes little difference to Joe what he makes. He can still stick it to our owners and take a minimum to play for one of these megateams. Just imagine.. Joe in NY or Joe in Chicago making the vet min while our owners are still paying him 120 Million?

Let's bring you to the conclusion.

Joe is a Hawk and will retire one. Unless somebody comes along with a trade.

I would rather have Chillz and his effort around the goal than Marvin and his non-Impact.

Good points. JJ living it up in south beach with Wade at point as well. We may amesty him, but he will choose his new home and still get paid.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

You would rather have a cheeseburger than Marvin.

Chillz has been straight garbage since he returned to the NBA from Europe. Marvin has been a much more productive player over that time...albeit one who has been routinely dissappointing and totally lacking in impact play. It is just not that hard to surpass a player averaging 2.8 ppg while getting paid 6M.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1