Unbelievably Lucky Indy Colts Fans

DJlaysitup

Indianapolis Colts fans are the luckiest fans on the face of the earth. Many teams go decades without finding a true "franchise QB"...now Indy is getting them back-to-back.

Not only that - Indy has had absolutely everything go right for them. How many times have we seen teams with franchise QBs have to deal with the downside of their careers - when skills are eroding. Indy doesn't have to deal with that. They just plug in Andrew Luck who - from what I've seen - has all the skills to be great.

Add to that - about the only criticism a logical person could have of P. Manning would be that he made so much money that he sucked up a huge part of their salary cap and they had to go cheap at other positions. (or course that is a pretty lame criticism since they did win a Superbowl and were consistenly in the mix during his career there). BUT NOW - they not only get the top QB in the draft - they get him under a newly instituted rookie salary agreement - and will have more money to spend on other positions.

It's like winning 5 million in the lottery and then winning 10 million!

I would expect Luck will need a year to adapt to the pro game (even Elway needed a year)...and then look for Indy to be a top contender for another decade and probably win another Superbowl (or 2). Shaking my Head...why can't the Falcons get this lucky? to_keep_order.gif

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Moderators

This situation reminds me of the Spurs going from David Robinson to Tim Duncan. I doubt Luck will be that good, but getting a franchise big man in the NBA is like getting QB in football. They are rare and essential.