• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think Josh ruins Jeff's confidence

CWebb

Here is a quote from a nytimes article

“It’s difficult running a team,” Teague said. “You got so many different personalities out there. But that comes with the job. I’ve always been a point guard. I’ve always tried to find ways to relate to everybody. It definitely is tough when you got veterans used to getting the ball a certain number of times, and you hear about when they don’t. But I’m getting better at that.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/22/sports/basketball/next-up-for-jeremy-lin-hawks-emerging-point-guard.html?_r=1&ref=sports

I think it's pretty obvious who's referring to:

- Joe's always said he wants Jeff to be aggressive

- Marvin never gets the ball

Josh is the only one who openly said he wants Teague to be a playmaker, not a scorer.

It probably means that Joe's comments were directed towards Josh. "Put the ball in the right hands"

To me it shows that this team truly cant win with our personnel. Something has to change hopefully the ASG know this.

I love Smith and every other players of the team. But the core has been together for too long now. I mean, it's like relationships with best friends. Sometimes, it happens: you've seen them so many times that a break is needed.

It's the same thing here. I think the players love playing together but "the thrill is gone". The team has to change

Edited by CWebb

• Premium Member

Josh is the reason McDonalds refuses to sell the McRib sandwich year round. Damn you Josh! Think about the millions of people you hurt.

• Like 2

You never wanna hear your PG has confidence issue, but it certainly doesn't come from Josh. I think he's chasing an assist number, as all PGs want as many as possible, but he just isn't that 8 per game guy. His points and shooting percentage are falling, and any starting PG should be ashamed of .750 from the line. I wouldn't worry about him, though. He goes as his dribble-drives go. He was going crazy early in the season with it, so I hope it's only a matter of time before he's back driving to the hole at every opportunity. He and T-Mac were driving early and often. Radmanovic's best game by far was the first! Marvin was aggressive for the first week. Al's loss considered, where is that team? The current state of affairs have me depending on Pargo and Green for competitiveness and professionalism while others are making counter-productive media statements. No disrespect to those 2 guys, but that's not good.

Edited by benhillboy

Here is a quote from a nytimes article

“It’s difficult running a team,” Teague said. “You got so many different personalities out there. But that comes with the job. I’ve always been a point guard. I’ve always tried to find ways to relate to everybody. It definitely is tough when you got veterans used to getting the ball a certain number of times, and you hear about when they don’t. But I’m getting better at that.”

http://www.nytimes.c..._r=1&ref=sports

I think it's pretty obvious who's referring to:

- Joe's always said he wants Jeff to be aggressive

- Marvin never gets the ball

Josh is the only one who openly said he wants Teague to be a playmaker, not a scorer.

It probably means that Joe's comments were directed towards Josh. "Put the ball in the right hands"

I don't know how Josh expects Teague to be the playmaker when he won't pass the damn ball to the PG when he grabs a rebound. He is always bringing it up the court,he should be out in transition running and getting to the rim for the easy layup. This more than anything annoys me to no end.

Teague needs some swagger in his step. I think he might be reluctant to do so based on the face that this is Joe's team. Now I'm not pointing fingers by any means but when you have a team that's already ahead of the curve on terms of development and you bring a young point into it he's gonna have to catch up.

This thread is a complete joke. Ruin his confidence? Teague is a grown man.. He has to be confident in himself before anyone else will. Its not josh's fault, he's a terrible finisher around the basket and can't hit his free throws. Rose nb eat Teague off the dribble over and over the last game, but I guess that was smoove's fault huh? Gtfoh.

Beat#

• Like 1

This thread is a complete joke. Ruin his confidence? Teague is a grown man.. He has to be confident in himself before anyone else will. Its not josh's fault, he's a terrible finisher around the basket and can't hit his free throws. Rose nb eat Teague off the dribble over and over the last game, but I guess that was smoove's fault huh? Gtfoh.

Beat#

While I understand where you are coming from, I have to disagree to a point. YES Teague is a man and i'm sure he is very mature and accountable for himself but when you come into a team that already has an identity with a leader he can't make too much of an immediate impression cause it might upset chemistty. I mean, when he came in the Hawks were a playoff team so to a point we were doing something right before he came along. Now, he started asserting himself in the playoffs last season but he has to keep it up, which is where I agree with you.

Beat#

We can all find fault in all of the players games, I don't neccessarily agree that it's Josh fault that Teague seems to have lost confidence. It is a miriad of things. It has nothing to do with being a grown man - Josh is the veteran, Teague will defer to him - I do remember Josh saying that Jeff is scoring too much. Teague is terrible round the basket and can't hit free throws well I will say that Josh can't shoot from distance and also cannot hit his free throws. Jeff is shooting 75% and Josh is shooting 54%.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
While I understand where you are coming from, I have to disagree to a point. YES Teague is a man and i'm sure he is very mature and accountable for himself but when you come into a team that already has an identity with a leader he can't make too much of an immediate impression cause it might upset chemistty. I mean, when he came in the Hawks were a playoff team so to a point we were doing something right before he came along. Now, he started asserting himself in the playoffs last season but he has to keep it up, which is where I agree with you.

I'll leave it at this. I know of one player on this team who has a history of shutting down the new guy and it's not Josh. I vividly recall this unnamed player consistently overlooking a wide open Jamal Crawford.

I don't know how Josh expects Teague to be the playmaker when he won't pass the damn ball to the PG when he grabs a rebound. He is always bringing it up the court,he should be out in transition running and getting to the rim for the easy layup. This more than anything annoys me to no end.

When Josh does that, Teague needs to run directly at him staring him in the face, clapping, and screaming "Give me the effin' ball!!!" Problem solved.

When Josh does that, Teague needs to run directly at him staring him in the face, clapping, and screaming "Give me the effin' ball!!!" Problem solved.

Saw Kirk do that, didn't and hasn't helped.

There you go mobetta.. Posting more nonsense. Man am I glad you're not in charge of this team.

But like I said blaming anyone else but teague for his shortcomings is a joke. Period.

So tell me what about my post is NOT true???

I'll wait

Edited by MoBetta

Jeff confidence is shaky as it is. No one really can ruin your confidence at this level. If your confidence is fragile, that's just your personality type. You might be shaky by the sitiution but you should always have your confidence.

To blame Josh is petty. Why is Pargo still Pargo? Why is Willie Green still Willie Green? Jeff's in a bad fit for this team. He shouldn't be haven't this much responiblity. He's not that type of player. He needs to be in a system where he can be a role player at PG with limited responsibilty and grow. Atlanta is not that team and this isn't the system for that. He might need to be on trade wire.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Jeff confidence is shaky as it is. No one really can ruin your confidence at this level. If your confidence is fragile, that's just your personality type. You might be shaky by the sitiution but you should always have your confidence.

To blame Josh is petty. Why is Pargo still Pargo? Why is Willie Green still Willie Green? Jeff's in a bad fit for this team. He shouldn't be haven't this much responiblity. He's not that type of player. He needs to be in a system where he can be a role player at PG with limited responsibilty and grow. Atlanta is not that team and this isn't the system for that. He might need to be on trade wire.

I agree but the difference in Pargo(32) and Willie(30) with Jeff(23) is age and experience, those guys are verterans.